• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Reference Dealers/Service Writers/Techs you trust and recommend (or don’t).

Mr. Nobody

8️⃣ Paragon
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Authorized VF Tuner
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Quicksand
I have yet to find one of these posts on T3G. If there is already a similar thread please lock this one and disregard.

Most of us are still going to require the need for a good dealership, service writer, or tech for the near future. If you have had good experiences with a particular dealership, why not share with others so they know where to go?

Post here if you have a particular dealership/service writer/tech you recommend and why.

Feel free to copy the format below for ease of use..

Dealership name:

City, State:

Phone number:

Service writer name:

Tech name:

Why you do/don’t recommend them?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have yet to find one of these posts on T3G. If there is already a similar thread please lock this one and disregard.

Most of us are still going to require the need for a good dealership, service writer, or tech for the near future. If you have had good experiences with a particular dealership, why not share with others so they know where to go?

Post here if you have a particular dealership/service writer/tech you recommend and why.

Feel free to copy the format below for ease of use..

Dealership name:

City, State:

Phone number:

Service writer name:

Tech name:

Toyota of Carlsbad, CA Volume Dealer

05/29/21..they had a listing for a truck online, but when I asked about it, it was sold.. but then came right back and asked what I was looking for and Rebecca checked their advanced orders and found exactly what I wanted .. the build date was July 2nd, and expect delivery by the 12th. TRD Off Rosd with premium packages

Upvote 0
Dealership name: Rahal

City, State: Mechanicsburg, Pa 17055

Phone number: (717) 691-0500

Service writer name: ?

Tech name: Clown

I don't think I'm unreasonable to say these guys are idiots.

Gives me trouble with inspection. The one specific tech failed it because the light bar could be operated independently from the low beams. All the other techs all checked out my truck and said, "I'd pass that, it's on a switch." I had to go back multiple times to pass it. Solution: stuffed landscaping fabric between the lower grill and light bar. Considered a "cover".
I feel he combined two laws that are unrelated just to be a dick.

4EwQb0.jpg

My friend was telling me he had to take his 4Runner in for inspection. They specifically told his dad it would not pass due to the light bars in the grill. When he went to pick it up, it was passed. Maybe it's a race thing.

Factory headlights. I installed XenonDepot HID Lows, XenonDepot LED Highs. DRL kept dying on the one side.
I've seen this happening to a number of Tacomas. They blamed XenonDepot lights. There's a thread on TW going over the same issue. He paid for some in-depth testing and all.

6uN41S.jpg

I told them it's a bad board and it died. They "found internal failure in light."

ZjMceH.jpg

Happened again. They said, "Faulty headlamp assembly due to short circuit internal failure"

6RJPFx.jpg

Happened a third time. Now they "believe non-Toyota LED headlight wiring may be affecting factory led durability. There is no evidence the LED DRL is defective and not eligible for warranty replacement."

pS72Ct.jpg

They performed an oil change. Tech messed up. Wasted more of my time.

VNEGd9.jpg

Did another alignment there. It was pulling. Tech is an idiot.

Fwletb.jpg

0by4pl.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dealership name: North Park Toyota

City, State: San Antonio, Texas

Phone number: (210) 600-5677

Service writer name: Worked with many

Tech name: Worked with many

Why you do/don’t recommend them? I purchased my truck here in 2016 and have only bought it here for service. For the most part they have been good. They are very good about giving me a heads up when I am due for certain scheduled services. I haven't had to take it in for any major service, just oil changes. Yeah I know I can do oil changes at home, but I'd rather not deal with the mess, and they are very competitive with the jiffy lubes in the area so I find it worth to take it to North Park and get all OE stuff. Recommend

Upvote 0
Dealership name: Larry H Miller Toyota (Liberty Toyota)

City, State: Colorado Springs, Colorado

Phone number: 719-419-5832

Service writer name: Gary Haines

Tech name: Charlie, has been the Lead tech for several years,

Gary has been a service writer there for ovr 20 years, knows his stuff, tells you like it is, and will work on prioritizing the work needed

Upvote 0
Dealership name: Larry H Miller Liberty Toyota

City, State: Colorado Springs, CO

Phone number: (719) 419-5832

Service writer name: Richard Simes

Tech name: Charlie (lead tech)

Took a trip up to Colorado to do some exploring and off roading. Half way through my trip up my truck started making a new wonderful sound in the rear end. The next morning (a Saturday) I took the truck to liberty Toyota first thing at 0700. The woman I first spoke to told me they don’t do diagnostics on Saturdays but I explained that I was from out of town so she set me up to talk to Richard. I explained everything to Richard and he had no problem taking my truck in to help me out. He had the lead tech (Charlie) come up and we went on a test drive. They took my truck right into the shop after that to look at it more in depth. Sadly we couldn’t source the issue but the way they handled everything still left me satisfied. They also charged me nothing when it would have been $150 because I was out of town and military. Can’t thank these folks enough for doing everything they could to try and help.

Upvote 0
Back