REFERENCE Dealers/Service Writers/Techs you trust and recommend (or don’t).

Mr. Nobody

= VIII • Connoisseur
Vendor Relations
T3G O.G.
First Name
Andy
T3G Member
I have yet to find one of these posts on T3G. If there is already a similar thread please lock this one and disregard.

Most of us are still going to require the need for a good dealership, service writer, or tech for the near future. If you have had good experiences with a particular dealership, why not share with others so they know where to go?

Post here if you have a particular dealership/service writer/tech you recommend and why.

Feel free to copy the format below for ease of use..

Dealership name:

City, State:

Phone number:

Service writer name:

Tech name:

Why you do/don’t recommend them?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Nobody

= VIII • Connoisseur
Vendor Relations
T3G O.G.
First Name
Andy
T3G Member
Dealership name: Toyota Chula Vists

City, State: Chula Vista, CA

Phone number: 877-886-1941

Service writer name: Eddy Ruiz

Tech name:

Why you recommend them? Eddy is the service writer you want to find. He has gone way above and beyond what the average writer does. For example, I got a no front plate fix it ticket, I posted online looking for someone who had a plate holder they had removed so I could get the ticket written off. He posted up and meet me I'm person after work and hooked it up. Since then I have taken my truck to him multiple times and he always delivers. Dude top notch and I definitely recommend him if you are in the San Diego area.

tacostand1970

= II • Bronze
T3G Supporter
First Name
Richard
T3G Member
#1,011
Dealership name: Walser Toyota

City, State: Bloomington, MN

Phone number: 952-400-2920

Service writer name:

Tech name:

Why you recommend them?
I've purchased two vehicles from Walser (2011 Tundra before my current rig) and have had no issues with them for sales or service. They don't really do a lot of truck sales but Sam Coler is their designated truck guy and was very helpful and can customize at point of sale. So I took delivery of my Taco as it sits which was pretty big from a convenience perspective. It doesn't hurt that they're across the freeway from where I work.

BCJohn

= II • Bronze
First Name
John
T3G Member
#1,326
Dealership name: Toyota of Santa Cruz

City, State: Capitola, CA

Phone number: (831) 462-4200

Service writer name:

Tech name:

Why you recommend them? They service my truck and my wife's Prius. I also purchased my Taco there. They are professional, easy going and (seemingly) honest. As a manufacturer (Toyota) owned dealership and not a franchise, they seem more professional and not pushy. Service has been fast, prices decent. The purchase process was about the best I've had. Robin (Internet Sales Person) was great to work with. Since I did the research ahead of time, I feel like I got a fair deal.

Tyler

= IX • Paragon
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member
This is a good thread to have. Gonna move it though so it gets noticed easier.

hellppy

= VI • Diamond
T3G Supporter
First Name
Sean
T3G Member
Dealership name: Toyota Chula Vists

City, State: Chula Vista, CA

Phone number: 877-886-1941

Service writer name: Eddy Ruiz

Tech name:

Why you recommend them? Eddy is the service writer you want to find. He has gone way above and beyond what the average writer does. For example, I got a no front plate fix it ticket, I posted online looking for someone who had a plate holder they had removed so I could get the ticket written off. He posted up and meet me I'm person after work and hooked it up. Since then I have taken my truck to him multiple times and he always delivers. Dude top notch and I definitely recommend him if you are in the San Diego area.
That's kinda funny, my guy's name is Eddie Ruiz.

City, State: Scottsdale, AZ

Phone number: 480-778-2299

Service writer name: Eddie Ruiz

Why you do/don’t recommend them? I once had a battery issue with my 2008 Tacoma. It was about 2 months out of my battery warranty and Eddie hooked me up. He replaced my battery free of charge and I've been going to him ever since. It was a just a small thing but he got my business through my 2012 and now my 2018.

Last edited:

Mr. Nobody

= VIII • Connoisseur
Vendor Relations
T3G O.G.
First Name
Andy
T3G Member
That's kinda funny, my guy's name is Eddie Ruiz.

City, State: Scottsdale, AZ

Phone number: 480-778-2299

Service writer name: Eddie Ruiz

Why you do/don’t recommend them? I once had a battery issue with my 2008 Tacoma. It was about 2 months out of my battery warranty and Eddie hooked me up. He replaced my battery free of charge and I've been going to him ever since. It was a just a small thing but he got my business through my 2012 and now my 2018.

☝️ That's the kind of stuff that makes return customers.

Mr. Nobody

= VIII • Connoisseur
Vendor Relations
T3G O.G.
First Name
Andy
T3G Member
Yeah man, it doesn't really take much to gain a loyal customer. Most people don't take the time anymore.

But boy do the little things go a long way.

Tacomadad18

= VII • Aficionado
T3G Supporter
First Name
Jason
Military
Army
T3G Member
#2,122
Dealership name: Weiss Toyota

City, State: South County, Missouri

Phone number:

Service writer name: Dan

Tech name: Multiple

Why you do/don’t recommend them? They schedule services quick, take care of their customers. Unlike the dealership I actually bought the truck from. My original dealership would not do the TSB on the trans and Weiss did it with no issues at all. It’s messy due to construction but they are quick and easy to work with.

Roguellama

= II • Bronze
T3G Supporter
First Name
Todd
T3G Member
#3,489
Hey guys , im trying to get a trd pro spec sheet , because im trying to pull a fast one on a used car dealership , i talked them in to putting a trd pro skid plate on my trd sport , but they wanna see proof tho any tips or help?

Mr. Nobody

= VIII • Connoisseur
Vendor Relations
T3G O.G.
First Name
Andy
T3G Member
Hey guys , im trying to get a trd pro spec sheet , because im trying to pull a fast one on a used car dealership , i talked them in to putting a trd pro skid plate on my trd sport , but they wanna see proof tho any tips or help?

I'm not quite sure what you're asking any of us to do. What exactly is it you are trying to accomplish here?

Roguellama

= II • Bronze
T3G Supporter
First Name
Todd
T3G Member
#3,489
I'm not quite sure what you're asking any of us to do. What exactly is it you are trying to accomplish here?
Copy of a trd pro spec sheet for 18 , i just need proof that a trd skid plate comes on that truck ... im trying to do this with out needing a vin from a pro

Mr. Nobody

= VIII • Connoisseur
Vendor Relations
T3G O.G.
First Name
Andy
T3G Member

Attachments

• 2018_Toyota_Tacoma_Product_Information_November_7.pdf
    453.1 KB · Views: 55

Taco in Corona

= II • Bronze
T3G Supporter
First Name
Pedro
T3G Member
#3,581
Dealership name: Larry H. Miller Toyota

City, State: Corona, Commiefornia

Phone number: 951-963-9250

Service writer name: Gerardo Perez-Martinez

Tech name:

Why you do/don’t recommend them?
I bought my Taco in the first week of April but did not buy my truck from them, I used my Credit Union's buying service.

I took my truck in August because the molding on the roof of the cab came off on the high way during the drive to Overland in Flagstaff in May. My truck has only 3K miles on it, I asked if I had to wait until 5K miles to get the service done on it, he told me I could get it done because it was 4 months since I bought it. When I mentioned the molding he told me they did not have it in stock and to return in a week to get the installed. I asked him what it would cost, he stated it was covered by the warranty!

They did the 5K service and washed my truck, When I returned 5 days later the moldings were installed and again my truck was washed. No charge at all. The dealership is small but very clean, all the employees I had contact with were very polite and respectful. The customer waiting area was clean, restroom clean and stocked. Free popcorn, coffee and hot chocolate.

I highly recommend this dealership

Joisey

= II • Bronze
T3G Member
#2,457
Dealership Name: Shore Toyota

Phone Number: 609-645-2770

Address: 4236 Black Horse Pike Mays Landing, NJ 08330

The website now shows that the business is under new management. As of when, I am not sure.

Bought my 2018 Tacoma TRD Off Road in July of 2018. The truck had been on the lot for a few months.

The predelivery checklist showed that everything was inspected as it is supposed to be. The predelivery checklist was initialed by the mechanic. I later learned that whatever mechanic is free does the predelivery check, not a specific mechanic.

I bought the truck, drove it home (less than 15 miles) and the next morning checked all the fluids and bolt torques. The truck had 7 miles on it when it was bought. Everything was checked on a perfectly level concrete floor. The truck now had less than 23 miles on the odometer.

Tires, all 5: 40-42 psi

Rear differential: 20 ounces low

Front differential: 2 ounces low

Transfer case: perfect

Auto transmission : 4 ounces low

Power steering: 2 ounces low (to cold fill line)

Coolant: 4 ounces low (to cold fill line)

Engine oil: 6 ounces low

Brake fluid: perfect

All grease fittings were dry, as was the slip joint in the rear driveshaft.

All cells in the battery were low, three of six with the top of the plates exposed.

All bed bolts and suspension bolts were not up to Toyota specified torque specs

The lug nuts were so tight that I am surprised that they weren't stripped. Well over 85 foot pounds. I used a torque wrench set to 100 pounds and it clicked before the nuts loosened. I used an impact to remove the nuts.

That evening I sent Toyota corporate an email with all of the above info in it. About a week later I received a reply that I should take this up with the dealer, as this is between the dealer and me, not Toyota and me. I was told to take it up with the service advisor at the dealership where I purchased the truck.

Emailed Toyota corporate a copy of the predelivery checklist, showing everything checked off and signed for, and the question if this is what Toyota uses for mechanics on their vehicles? No answer.

Two weeks later the head unit in my truck stops displaying my location. It has me driving thru rivers, bodies of water, and I believe an ocean. I have no idea where the location of the map on the GPS was. The head unit was replaced at my dealership under warranty.

When all the warranty paperwork was done, I asked the service advisor about the predelivery check not being done on my vehicle, and read him the laundry list of things that were not performed. He looked at me like I had two heads and asked me why I took it upon myself to check the work of a certified mechanic? Well, duh, because the mechanic lied and didn't perform any of the check that he signed off on.

The ONLY time my truck sees the dealership is for warranty work. I don't let them near my truck for the free service.

I'm not picking on Toyota. I worked at a GM dealership which is why I do my own checks on my new or used vehicles. My new 06 GMC Sierra had a few things that weren't checked before delivery. Engine oil and brake fluid were a few ounces low. Tires all had 50 pound of air in them, but it was otherwise OK.

Last edited:
Top Bottom