• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Dark Defence DDS4 - 45W Cree XLamp XM-L2 Powered Pod Lights (Special Coupon Deal)

DarkDefence

2️⃣ Bronze
Authorized Vendor
Reaction score
Website
darkdefence.co
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Midnight Black
Hey guys!

Some of you may already know me from the Tacoma 3G Facebook group, but at the end of 2019/beginning of 2020 I started a pod light company sourcing light housings from a quality manufacturer in China and then replacing the chips out to our specifications including the real Cree XLamp XM-L2 chips that draw a real 43.5-47 watts averaging around 45 true watts. (I put more about my company at the bottom of this post for those who want to learn more)

---------------Deal---------------

Deal price:
$65 per light ($130/pair)
Coupon code for the deal: "tacoma3gdiscount"
Link to purchase/learn more: https://DarkDefence.co
Expires: Likely at the end of March, or when my stock runs out. I will update here when all the lights are sold that I have in stock. I am not sure when I will be able to get more stock due to COVID-19 supply chain issues.

dark-defence-dds4-pod-lights-image.jpg

If you’re looking for a 3″ pod light that puts out insane light output without an insane price point, our DDS4 lights will light your night at a price you can’t beat. You might find lights that look nearly identical to our models, but our specific DDS4 model has been swapped out per our manufacturing specifications to one of the most powerful CREE XLamp XM-L2 chips. Instead of ending up with a pod light full of lies when it comes to wattage draw, our lights draw the real watts that we claim – all 45 watts of it! Please read our FAQs on our website product page for more helpful information and check our Facebook page for more examples of the lights and real-life tests.

• Chips: 4X Real CREE XLamp XM-L2 43-47W Total Draw per pod
  • Waterproof: Fully waterproof at IP68 + submersion tested for 12+ hours
  • Brightness: Rated at 4200-4500+ Lumens at full wattage drive.
  • Self-Service Lens / Housing: 4X 2.5mm bolts for easy lens maintenance.
  • Housings: High-end corrosion resistant electrostatic powder-coated finish.
  • Mounting Brackets: Comes with full stainless bracket and hardware
  • Connection: Includes high-quality disconnect harness on each light.
  • Harness & Switch: We advise purchasing a harness from Amazon
  • Warranty: 30-Day Money Back Guarantee! & 1-year limited warranty.
  • Questions? Contact us on our Facebook page.
  • Extra Lens Options: Get a combo spot+flood clear lens for $8 or a spot clear for $8 or an amber/yellow spot lens for $8 extra per light. All lights come with a spot of either clear or yellow/amber depending on the product listing on https://DarkDefence.co.
cree-genuine-xm-l2-usps-shipping-pod-lights.png

dark-defence-pod-lights-features.png

Here are several videos of our pod lights for your reference:

Real-life performance driving through Stanly Idaho in 2020:

Original link: https://www.facebook.com/DarkDefence/videos/473779406646788/

Real-life wattage comparison with other pod light options: (Please forgive the poor quality video and me rambling on forever, it should be helpful, however. Also, our name in this has changed to Dark Defence. FYI: We had to change our name from Diode Defence at the request of Diode Dynamics lighting company)

Original link: https://www.facebook.com/DarkDefence/videos/1413521835474560/

UPDATE:

I currently have around 57 sets of the DDS4 pods left in either color. Once these are sold, I will have an undetermined wait time until more are available, due to COVID-19.

I will ship within 24-hours of business hours as long as post offices stay open. If for any reason I cannot ship, I will immediately refund you, or notify you and arrange a shipping delay.

If you have any questions, please let me know here, or via sending me a message on our Facebook page here: https://Facebook.com/DarkDefence.

Here are several photos of our pod lights for your reference:

dark-defence-pod-light-example.jpg

DDS4-pod-light-tacoma-4rd-gen-winch-bumper.jpg

82594236_120233982835315_6377259323336163328_o.jpg

dark-defence-pod-light-spot-plus-flood-lens-12.jpg

90676882_652490908655515_1656912260112580608_n.jpg

More about Dark Defence:

I've been an entrepreneur and off-road enthusiast (owned Tacoma's for the past 15 years) for over 15 years. I was looking for lights last year (2019) and noticed that the only ones that were semi-affordable were not putting out the best light output and even lying about wattage output. I searched for nearly a year looking for good lights but nothing really seemed to fit with what I wanted. (Affordable price-point and extremely bright). Then I found some lights from a Chinese manufacturer that they said were 40 watts. When I received them I was really excited about the quality of the housings and even the layout of the PCB, but the wattage was only 20 watts, if that, and brightness was lack-luster, to be honest. So I talked with the company and asked them if they could start swapping out their chips to use the real USA designed Cree XM-L2 chips. They agreed and we worked on this project to get it available in my configuration which I am very happy with so far, as well as the others who have been using these. In the future, we may even upgrade the chips to a XHP35 or even a XHP70.

I really wanted a crazy bright light that wasn't too expensive, but still high-end level quality and that's what I believe I'm creating!

As previously stated, I offer a 1-full year warranty on all lights and a 30-day money-back guarantee with NO restocking fee. If someone isn't happy I don't want them to feel like they must live with their perceived bad choice. I only want happy customers! This is an imported light, however, the quality is far superior and they draw the FULL stated watts vs. others who regularly lie about their watt draw.

In short, our lights are the only true 45 Watt draw pod light that costs under $100 each and produces over 4000-4500+ rated lumens. and right now our price for a limited time is $65 each pod or $130 for a set.

---------------Deal---------------

Deal price:
$65 per light ($130/pair)
Coupon code for the deal: "tacoma3gdiscount"
Link to purchase/learn more: https://DarkDefence.co
Expires: Likely at the end of March, or when my stock runs out. I will update here when all the lights are sold that I have in stock. I am not sure when I will be able to get more stock due to COVID-19 supply chain issues.

Thank you so much and sorry about this long drawn out post, -Josh

Attachments

• pod-lights-off-road.jpg
    pod-lights-off-road.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 87
I just wanted to update this with some better photos I recently took the other day featuring fixed camera settings for an accurate representation of light output. As you can see these 3" pods put out some serious light compared ALL others around our price point. You can also see the sprinter van in the background - one of my friends fabbed up some ditch light brackets for the sprinter and is also really enjoying the lights for gravel roads etc.

Also, as an FYI, we are still doing the $65/light $130/pair sale.

Available in yellow or white: https://darkdefence.co
Single lights: Coupon code: DDS465
Pair of lights: Coupon code: DDS4130

The sprinter lights from behind me were not turned on when shooting the fixed camera setting photos below the first photo seen below the first image and was taken around 30 minutes after sunset.

DSC08267.JPG

dark-defence-lights-OFF.jpg

dark-defence-lights-ON.jpg

fixrd-image-only.jpg

Back