• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

CV Axle

flash12321

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
Hi, New to the group, I have a 2017 Tacoma SR DC, Bought it brand new 4 years ago, I do a lot of moderate trails.

The truck has 70k miles on it, I hear a clicking sound at a very low speed going forward and reverse, I believe its the CV Axle. Looking at the boot on the driver side it appears the cushion part (i am no mechanic) is blown out, Nonetheless I cant find a genuine replacement from Toyota for it but I see multiple aftermarket ones. I am a bit weary in that regard but willing if anyone else has used them. Also, should I replace the Rear CV if I am going to replace the front?

I also need to replace my Tie rods, Anyone have any experience in this as well? Would love some input.

Thanks

Back