• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Help! Cruise Control Sensor

SilverBullet3g

3️⃣ Silver
Reaction score
2017 Sport DCSB Auto
Silver Sky
So I drive a 2022 TSS Tacoma and it has that sensor BS where if you’re in cruise control at say 80mph and a car gets in front of you or you come up behind them and they’re going slower then you it will slow you down and keep you at approximately 3 car lengths from them to keep you from wrecking.

Although it’s a good idea. It’s very annoying on the interstate. I’m constantly having to turn the cruise control on and off cause people will pass me and get right in front of me so then it slows me down to like 75.

I’ve also had it damn near make me wreck a couple of times because I can be going say 65 on a 2 lane highway and someone can be to the left of me but in front of me in a turning lane and it’ll accidentally sense them and lock the brakes up and now I’m at 35-40mph in a few seconds.

Which is a good way to get rear ended.

Is there anyway to turn this off?

I’ve turned off the LDA and the other one that’s on the steering wheel but there’s no option on there or the dash for this feature.

Is there someway to remove it from the computer without the dealership knowing and it voiding the warranty?

Idk much about Toyota's safety systems... I have a 2017.. So I don't have all those fancy sensors. But, me personally, I just wouldn't use cruise control. I'd think there's a way to turn it off maybe thru the ECU? Might have to ask a Toyota tech on that one

If I remember right, just hold the cruise control button down for maybe 5 seconds or so and it should disable adaptive cruise control and act as a regular cruise control
I’m guessing you do this while driving? Or no?

Back