• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Connecting OEM switch to ditch lights

Nathanb_145

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
I just installed a set of Lightforce ROK 40 ditchlights on my truck, and everything was working fine with the switch that came with it. But I cut that off, and am trying to install a push button OEM switch. However it’s not working. The OEM switch has 4 wires, (green, red 1, red 2, and black). The ditchlights have 3 wires coming out, (black, blue, red) I’m not sure which wires connect to which. If someone has connected a push button switch to a set of lights and is able to help me out, that would be great. Thank you :)

Update: after about 5 hours of trying to figure out what was wrong, what wires went where, and debating if I should just drive my truck off a cliff in frustration, I figured out what was wrong. I blew the fuse when I first started and never noticed. Anyways the lights and switch work and I won’t drive my truck off a cliff

Upvote 0
Update: after about 5 hours of trying to figure out what was wrong, what wires went where, and debating if I should just drive my truck off a cliff in frustration, I figured out what was wrong. I blew the fuse when I first started and never noticed. Anyways the lights and switch work and I won’t drive my truck off a cliff
Lol, glad you figured it out. I know the feeling. If I had a dollar for each time I debate driving the truck off a cliff when I work on it, I'd be able to just drive it off the cliff and afford to buy a new one. It seems like I always run into frustrating little things like you did.

Upvote 0
Back