• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Compressor converter

D

Deleted member 5519

possibly a ghost :(
Does anyone run their compressor off the outlet in the bed of your truck? Mine hooks up to the battery but the hose isnt long enough to get to my trailer and I really don't want to always pull the hood or buy a longer hose. Thought about putting a converter between the plug in the bed to the compressor. besides the tailgates a great platform for the compressor to air up and down too. Any suggestions?

This is probably a terrible idea but...if the air hose extension is too expensive...what about using jumper cables as an extension cord? They are way cheaper. I'm sure someone is going to jump in and say this will burn your truck to the ground. So don't do it until someone with more electrical expertise chimes in, it's just the first thing that occurred to me.

The other option is to disconnect from your trailer and move the truck of course.

I'm assuming your trailer does not have a battery? Compressors have a pretty good amp draw, and any length of wire is going to have to be a good size gauge. Don't think the inverter / converter will handle the amperage. what about running some dedicated wire (fused) directly from your battery to an outlet in the bed.

This is probably a terrible idea but...if the air hose extension is too expensive...what about using jumper cables as an extension cord? They are way cheaper. I'm sure someone is going to jump in and say this will burn your truck to the ground. So don't do it until someone with more electrical expertise chimes in, it's just the first thing that occurred to me.

The other option is to disconnect from your trailer and move the truck of course.
Yeah I thought of that too I was just trying to avoid having to carry extra crap you know what I mean. That's all I'm kind of trying to cut a corner I think. I do see some converters will take 500 A which is the max output of my bed plug anyway.

I'm assuming your trailer does not have a battery? Compressors have a pretty good amp draw, and any length of wire is going to have to be a good size gauge. Don't think the inverter / converter will handle the amperage. what about running some dedicated wire (fused) directly from your battery to an outlet in the bed.
Yeah another option I've been mulling around I can put an Anderson plug at the very back in use a compressor that but that's the only thing I have is 12 V so it's kind of a dedicated plug only for that. More than likely I'll just have to get a goal zero sell and install it in the trailer or just a longer air hose. Nothings really that expensive honestly.

Back