• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Coilovers

De$ertKid

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
I just ordered fox coil overs it can adjust up to 3inches someone told me if I lift the front over two inches it will lock up the front axle is that true or no?

I just ordered fox coil overs it can adjust up to 3inches someone told me if I lift the front over two inches it will lock up the front axle is that true or no?
I’ve never heard of coilovers locking up the front axle. But you should be fine going between 2-3 inches. Tons of people are running coilovers in that range

You will not lock up the front axle. 2~ of height is generally safe for the cv angle. I would be cautious near 3" as the cv boot ribs would start to touch and possibly rub a hole into the boot.

None of the high end (king, fox, icon, etc.) coilovers are designed or should really ever go about 2.5" of front lift. If you need more lift in the front then look at a different spring rather than adding a crap ton of pre-load

Back