• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Coil bucket gussets for ICON alumminum UCA's

Taco4Dan93

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Magnetic Gray
Hey T3G! First post here, so I hope this is the right area to have this thread started. So let me get to it...

I am going to install the ICON stage 5 kit with the billet aluminum UCA's. I have also purchased the Total Chaos spindle gussets, but want to add a coil bucket gusset as well. I know on the TC website, they specifically state NOT compatible with other UCA's. Dirt King offers a kit as well, although their arms are bushing based, where the ICON's are heimed.

My question, has anyone ran a coil bucket gusset with the same setup that I will have?

Secondly, would the outside diameter, whether it be bushing based or heimed, cause a fitment issue with the Dirt King gussets? I do not have specific measurements of OD on ICON & Dirt Kings uppers to compare, but may need to request that.

I was thinking by doing a proper mock-up, the Dirt King's could work. I will probably give them a call to see their thoughts as well, but figured I could see if anyone in the T3G community has experienced this firsthand.

Thanks all!

I have Dirt King uppers and work very closely with them for my suspension. I will say, calling then may help answer some of your questions, but even then, without actual measurements you may risk things not fitting. Have you given any thought to selling the Icon uppers and just running a Dirt King UCA? Seems like an easy solution to all your problems seeing how you haven't installed anything yet.

Upvote 0
I have Dirt King uppers and work very closely with them for my suspension. I will say, calling then may help answer some of your questions, but even then, without actual measurements you may risk things not fitting. Have you given any thought to selling the Icon uppers and just running a Dirt King UCA? Seems like an easy solution to all your problems seeing how you haven't installed anything yet.

I am thinking this may end up being my best solution, after tabling the idea over the weekend. I want to start this weekend and I am only about 15 minutes away from DK. The ICON UCA's are about $1400 alone, so if they will take them back, and maybe a restocking fee, I'll still be in the green seeing that DK's are around $900.

I'll be starting a build thread as well.

Great looking rig btw!

Upvote 0
Back