• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Help! Code P0348 Trying to figure out which sensor or sensors that are "bank 2". I'm a first time Tacoma owner, so all this is new to me. I

bpoifvet

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2016 Sport DCSB Auto
Barcelona Red
HELLO EVERYONE, LOOKING FOR SOME HELP. MY CODE READER GAVE ME THIS. Looking on some forums and searches, I believe the sensor I need to check is the camshaft position sensor "bank 2". I'm not sure which one that is. One video tells me it's accessible from the passenger side, removing splash guard and reaching it from the wheel-well. Another DIY site mentions 4 more sensors accessed from the top of the motor, 2 on passenger side and 2 on the driver side of the motor. Can anyone shed some light on which ones to look at first? I really want to avoid taking it to the Toyota Dealer. Thanks everyone!
20201101_122054.jpg

What were the symptoms that lead you to check the codes? Anything aside from the Check Engine Light?

Upvote 0
@RevN3 is already in here, but his earlier thread may also be of interest to you @bpoifvet and the topic at hand.

Upvote 0
@bpoifvet you may also want to reference this for the location of the sensors you're enquiring about.

Upvote 0
Yeah, if it's the same as happened to me you will want to avoid the dealership. $500 for a patch job that took 15 minutes. I'd be willing to do a zoom session to have a look

Upvote 0
What were the symptoms that lead you to check the codes? Anything aside from the Check Engine Light?
No symptoms , Just the check engine light. it came on this morning when i got in the truck to go to work. Even driving it today, still no symptoms or nothing abnormal

Upvote 0
Yeah, if it's the same as happened to me you will want to avoid the dealership. $500 for a patch job that took 15 minutes. I'd be willing to do a zoom session to have a look
I'd be willing to do a zoom session. We can plan a time to do that. I made an appointment for the dealer, but if we can troubleshoot it and find the issue I can change the sensor.

Upvote 0
I'd be willing to do a zoom session. We can plan a time to do that. I made an appointment for the dealer, but if we can troubleshoot it and find the issue I can change the sensor.

If there's no symptoms then I would do some more research and investigation on your part before you take it into the dealer. As soon as it hits the lot you'll have to open your wallet.

Upvote 0
I didnt find anything when i looked. So i took it in, apparently rodents chewed through the engine wire harness... told me to file a comprehensive claim with the insurance company. 6000 parts and labor

Upvote 0
I didnt find anything when i looked. So i took it in, apparently rodents chewed through the engine wire harness... told me to file a comprehensive claim with the insurance company. 6000 parts and labor
WOW! I thought I was overcharged with $500. Actually they charged $489 and my deductible was $500. I assume it was because they didn't want insurance involvement questioning what they were doing. I don't go to that shop anymore. Fuck Lithia.

You know, it would be nice if Toyota stopped using wiring insulation that rodents find delicious.

Upvote 0
WOW! I thought I was overcharged with $500. Actually they charged $489 and my deductible was $500. I assume it was because they didn't want insurance involvement questioning what they were doing. I don't go to that shop anymore. Fuck Lithia.

You know, it would be nice if Toyota stopped using wiring insulation that rodents find delicious.
Im going to bait these little bastards with poison

Upvote 0
Im going to bait these little bastards with poison
I tried that and found it to be ineffective for rats. Traditional traps, hot glue a bit of dry dog food to it. That got them every time

Upvote 0
Good advice. I'll keep that in mind. I wonder if there are any ways to help make the truck more rodent resistant.....

Upvote 0
Back