• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

CD Player

Mountsinai

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
I am gen-x-er and life is overrun yet w/ CDs. I thought that living w/o one in my 2020 Off Road - JBL sound - would be just fine. After 2 1/2 years of ignoring satellite radio re-subsubscription solicitations, I am jonesing for a solution. Preferable would be an external player that plugs into the USB or USBc port. Does anyone have any workable solution suggestions?

Thank you!

Tuneless in Wisconsin :(

Gen-Xer here too, I just burned my CDs to iTunes and have my music on my iPhone. Cheap fix.

Gen-Xer here too, I just burned my CDs to iTunes and have my music on my iPhone. Cheap fix.
Thanks. I neglected to mention that I have a tracfone. The only burning that interest me is logs on the fire. What would I do with my 100 CD sleeved album then?

2020’s don’t have a CD player?! My 2019 does. I’ve been listening to my “old” CD’s for awhile now.

I have some music from digital/computer sources on a usb drive that I leave plugged into the truck. It doesn’t have anywhere near the variety my CD’s have. It’s a good supplement though.

2020’s don’t have a CD player?! My 2019 does. I’ve been listening to my “old” CD’s for awhile now.

I have some music from digital/computer sources on a usb drive that I leave plugged into the truck. It doesn’t have anywhere near the variety my CD’s have. It’s a good supplement though.

Oh wow. They really did.

2020 Entune 3.0
IMG_6335_grande.jpg

2020 JBL
6a0147e367cd09970b022ad39de234200c-800wi

USB is such a quality of life. They do have portable CD Players now that can be power by USB. So that helps if you are dead set on CD's.

I guess there's always the portable CD Player with 3.5mm AUX.

Then the CD Player + 3.5mm Bluetooth Adapter. Which will wirelessly play to the truck. Also don't forget the power source for the adapter.

I'm tweaking out just thinking about this. Lol.

If you decide to go the USB route, stick to a 64GB. I think that's what it was limited to. Pretty sure I had to format mine from standard to EXFAT/FAT21 format.

Best way, just upgrade. If you went with the JBL Premium, it's trash. Been messing with mine for a while now.

I have a usb drive with some stuff on it. I’ve very recently started putting music on my phone, so now there is the Bluetooth option! And the CD’s of course. It’s almost overwhelming. Haha

I have to play with the files on the usb because they come up very disjointed on the screen. Very tough to search for songs.

I have a usb drive with some stuff on it. I’ve very recently started putting music on my phone, so now there is the Bluetooth option! And the CD’s of course. It’s almost overwhelming. Haha

I have to play with the files on the usb because they come up very disjointed on the screen. Very tough to search for songs.
Use a program to properly tag the audio files. You can categorize then by album and artist. You can batch and auto tag them. This will allow easy search.

image1.png

Oh wow. They really did.

2020 Entune 3.0
IMG_6335_grande.jpg

2020 JBL
6a0147e367cd09970b022ad39de234200c-800wi

USB is such a quality of life. They do have portable CD Players now that can be power by USB. So that helps if you are dead set on CD's.

I guess there's always the portable CD Player with 3.5mm AUX.

Then the CD Player + 3.5mm Bluetooth Adapter. Which will wirelessly play to the truck. Also don't forget the power source for the adapter.

I'm tweaking out just thinking about this. Lol.

If you decide to go the USB route, stick to a 64GB. I think that's what it was limited to. Pretty sure I had to format mine from standard to EXFAT/FAT21 format.

Best way, just upgrade. If you went with the JBL Premium, it's trash. Been messing with mine for a while now.
You have the Entune one right?

Back