• Hello, visitor! You've found the only 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma forum! 🤙
    Tacoma3G.com is an online forum for 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma and overland enthusiasts. Our resources include: build threads, tutorials, gear reviews, exclusive discounts and giveaways, a marketplace to buy and sell items, local trail events, and more. We have thousands of friendly, knowledgeable members, including many officials from your favorite companies. Registration is completely free and only takes 30 seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig soon!

Hubermr

T3G Level: Bronze
T3G Supporter
First Name
Matt
T3G Member
#5,317
What’s a good CB radio to get? I figure the antenna is about the same no matter what but I’d like to invest in a good CB on top of having my Ham license.

Mr. Nobody

T3G Level: Grandmaster
Administrator
T3G Supporter
T3G O.G.
First Name
Andy
T3G Member
I have a Cobra SW-75 Handheld CB Radio and Firestik 3' Tunable Tip Antenna. It's a good setup with the entire radio contained in the handheld unit. I will say that it has been basically useless and I rarely ever use it. No one I travel with ever really has CB (or it's never tuned right) and I wish I had just spent the money on a good Ham like I'd planned. Some buddies I traveled with pushed the decision to go CB and I was the dissenting voter.

solscooter

T3G Level: Onyx
T3G Supporter
First Name
Brian
T3G Member
I have a Cobra SW-75 Handheld CB Radio and Firestik 3' Tunable Tip Antenna. It's a good setup with the entire radio contained in the handheld unit. I will say that it has been basically useless and I rarely ever use it. No one I travel with ever really has CB (or it's never tuned right) and I wish I had just spent the money on a good Ham like I'd planned. Some buddies I traveled with pushed the decision to go CB and I was the dissenting voter.
I’m running the same and feel exactly the same. Talked to a few truckers on long hauls and that’s it
87FCD3CE-08C6-4BF0-B12D-81AB821C660B.jpeg

TRDOFHOLLAND

T3G Level: Platinum
First Name
Jeremy
T3G Member
I would recommend a handheld, CB's dont have the range other systems will have an typically its only in a small group setting (typically jeep clubs) that use CB. I ripped my mobile CB out of the truck after using it only a handful of times and got a handheld, which is much easier to store, and also theres no tuning of the antenna which can be a pain sometimes as well

Jay

T3G Level: Onyx
T3G Supporter
T3G O.G.
First Name
Jacob
Military
Navy
T3G Member
I have a cb and it hasn’t been turned on in about a year.
I use my ham much more often

Top Bottom