• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Can anyone tell me the difference between the Prinsu and Victory4x4 racks?

RevN3

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Rig of the Month (2x)
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Manual
Blazing Blue Pearl
Right now the Black Friday price difference with shipping is about $5.

$685.50 for the Prinsu Toyota Tacoma Prinsu Cab Rack | 2005-2022 (https://prinsu.com/product/2005-2021-toyota-tacoma-prinsu-cabrack/)
$679.15 for the V4x4 Tacoma Roof Rack | 2nd & 3rd Gen (05+) - Victory 4x4 (https://www.victory4x4.com/product/VT23RK.html)

The only thread I was able to find was from back in 2019 on TW: Prinsu vs Victory 4x4 (https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/prinsu-vs-victory-4x4.610858/)

Since it was on TW it sank into insults and toxicity by the second page. It looks like the V4x4 used to be $599 and the Prinsu $689. I get that prices go up but the V4x4 used to be significantly cheaper than the Prinsu and I don't know why that is no longer the case.

I'm leaning to VO because they are T3G family but I also want the best product for my money. I've already got to sneak this in without the wife noticing by using the "executive account" but I'm about $80 shy and that will need to come from general funds.

Use case: So I got a new tent (CVT St. Helens Gen2) and it extends over my cab. I have stock racks on the cab now. Problem is I run a basket up there and it's in the way now. I would shift it but the stock racks don;t shift. I figured with one of these two racks I would have the flexibility to move the rails around and mount the basket further forward. I suppose I need to know how high they come off the roof as well to make sure the tent has clearance.

Last edited:
I have zero experience with the Victory. From an eyeball perspective, they appear to be fairly similar. The biggest differences look like they boil down to the Prinsu being round on the back end while the Victory is square, and the Prinsu comes with a strip of material that slips over the front edge of the wind baffle, supposedly to cut wind noise (not like I get a lot of that anyway).
If the cost difference is only $5, I'd probably go with whichever is $5 cheaper, because I am a cheap-ass bastard.

Fair points. I've got both of them in baskets and I keep switching between the pages. I'll have a look at your Prinsu when I see you tomorrow.

Why not RCI?
Well they run $782.67 with shipping and look basically the same as the other two. So I guess my answer to that question would be, "Why RCI?"

Well they run $782.67 with shipping and look basically the same as the other two. So I guess my answer to that question would be, "Why RCI?"

Currently 20% off and no silicon. I guess it depends on how you like the front fairing yo look

I have the Victory 4x4 for my truck, love it. Solid. Easy enough install if you have enough light out,. The Victory 4x4 comes with the little strip for under the front fairing, if that's the bit that fourgotten was talking about. There's also the option to get the full fairing or one with a lightbar cutout. The Victory 4x4 rails can be moved so that you can still open the rooftop window if you want to, also.
The middle of the rails are about 2 to 2-1/2" above the roof.

When I purchased my Victory 4x4 roof rack it was quite cheaper than Prinsu. They bundled it with my front HC bumper and skid plates, so I saved on shipping. This year I added lights and handles to it. It’s been solid. I run the full fairing since my rooftop storage won’t allow for a light bar. It’s quiet and dependable… I’ve logged thousands of miles with it and haven’t had any issues. The quiet being the key part! 😂😂

Hey @Victory4x4 can you point out the differences?

So far all I can find is:

1. The only steel on Victory4x4 is the mounting feet. And those are zinc rich primer coated before powder, so no rust issues.
2. Victory4x4 also powder coat the aluminum extrusion crossbars instead of buying black anodized. That way they won't fade.
3. All the hardware is stainless.
4. Rear fairing

I'm not sure of the benefits of a rear fairing.

I can’t find the exact measurements anywhere now but I’m pretty sure I saw them in the past and the Prinsu is shorter than the V4x4. Only by maybe 0.5”?

If it matters, accessories. Prinsu has been around ages and afaik it’s always been mostly the same, there are lots of out of box accessories. V4x4 doesn’t have as many options. Not that mounting whatever, wherever is very challenging 🤷

Hey @Victory4x4 can you point out the differences?

So far all I can find is:

1. The only steel on Victory4x4 is the mounting feet. And those are zinc rich primer coated before powder, so no rust issues.
2. Victory4x4 also powder coat the aluminum extrusion crossbars instead of buying black anodized. That way they won't fade.
3. All the hardware is stainless.
4. Rear fairing

I'm not sure of the benefits of a rear fairing.
That is most of it. The rear fairing just looks more finished in my opinion. Our mounts are separate pieces to the side rails, where they bend a tab on the side rails under and use a spacer to mount to the roof. Different ways of doing the same thing. I like the adjustability of our mounts and it's nice that all the parts are individually replaceable if you have an issue. Material costs have gone up significantly since we were charging $599.

Well nuts, I was attempting to buy the V4x4 one but they don't accept PayPal so it looks like I'm going with Prinsu

I just ordered the Victory rack, so we can compare notes and document for future generations!
Nice, I've got the whole week between Xmas and NYD off if you want to do a side by side install for my channel

It did come that fast! Didn’t even realize it shipped, but it showed up on the porch today.

Yeah , I got my prinsu too. Havn't started the build yet though

I just got the rack built but not installed a couple days ago. @jbiscuit where are you at?

Oh god I kinda forgot about it over the holiday! Should we get down? Mine is still in the box 😬

Oh god I kinda forgot about it over the holiday! Should we get down? Mine is still in the box 😬
You available this weekend? Might be too short notice. It's also going to be dumping rain...

You available this weekend? Might be too short notice. It's also going to be dumping rain...

this weekend i have to install a kitchen island and get the garage cleaned up and ready for some electrical work. i could do next weekend, or i'm free 1/21 and 1/29

this weekend i have to install a kitchen island and get the garage cleaned up and ready for some electrical work. i could do next weekend, or i'm free 1/21 and 1/29
I'll ping you offline

@RevN3 and @jbiscuit, we want a rack report!
Inquiring minds want to know. I'm leaning toward Prinsu (maybe someday).
Just pulled the trigger on this ARE Topper.
Not my truck, but looks cool with the rack.
17cc0bd3-8aa9-4637-873e-e2bf8eb5cde7-jpg.5303389

My Prinsu is installed now, it was easy. @jbiscuit tell me the next time you are down here (or maybe the next overland trip) and we can do a side by side comparison.

2023-01-14 15.42.48.jpg

I dunno about the look....it might be a bit much.

Back