• ⚙️ 3rd & 4th Gen Toyota Tacomas | Tacoma3G

🌮 Tacoma3G.com is an online resource and community for 2016+ Toyota Tacoma owners.

👤 Registration is completely free and only takes a few seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig on the forum!

♥️ Beginner friendly. Tight-knit. No ads. The raddest. Read more about us...

Suspension Cab Mount Chop

Gstavy1

2️⃣ Bronze
T3G Member
#2,189
Reaction score
First Name
George
Instagram
@george_stav
2019 White Off-Road Double Cab, Short Bed Automatic
Hey guys I was wondering if a cab mount chop was necessary running a stage 3 Icon kit or King 2.5's(front and rear) on 285/75/16.

cocodataco

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
T3G Member
#1,015
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Instagram
@cocodataco
I have an icon stage 4 and needed the cab mount chop. I want to get another alignment and get more positive caster, but right now when I get full flex and stuff the wheel well it still rubs the plastic. I did both the CMC, pinch weld, and cut the fenders.

I’m running 285/75r16 with a 0 offset.

Gstavy1

2️⃣ Bronze
T3G Member
#2,189
Reaction score
First Name
George
Instagram
@george_stav
2019 White Off-Road Double Cab, Short Bed Automatic
I have an icon stage 4 and needed the cab mount chop. I want to get another alignment and get more positive caster, but right now when I get full flex and stuff the wheel well it still rubs the plastic. I did both the CMC, pinch weld, and cut the fenders.

I’m running 285/75r16 with a 0 offset.
Do you think a spacer would help?

Malcolm

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
T3G Member
Reaction score
Instagram
@PROTACO17
2017 Cement Pro Double Cab, Short Bed Automatic
Do you think a spacer would help?
I threw spacers on and while the rubbing got better when stuffed, i rub in reverse now, idk its weird. I get the CMC and all that next week, so ill probably also have an alignment shop push my caster up as well.

ShikyoX

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
T3G Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Instagram
@shikyox
2017 Magnetic Gray Off-Road Double Cab, Short Bed Automatic
I threw spacers on and while the rubbing got better when stuffed, i rub in reverse now, idk its weird. I get the CMC and all that next week, so ill probably also have an alignment shop push my caster up as well.
Funny enough lifting your rear more and have some rake helps huge on the rubbing in the front