• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Cab Mount Chop Really Needed For 6" Lift?

TACOma913

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
2018 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Cement
So I have been toying with the idea of 35's but I don't want to do a a cmc if i can avoid it. I am sitting on an OME 2.5" lift with uca's and 285/70/17 KO2 with no rubbing and not much room for bigger so i need to go up in height to clear 35's. I have a hard time believing that with a 6" lift i need to cmc but if i have to cut a crossmember so i might as well chop it than right?

I'm going to say you'll probably need to do some trimming even with a 6" lift... I'm not certain, but I had to cut extremely aggressively to get my 35s to fit at full lock. You could probably get away with a pretty minimal chop though. Your problem will be more in bumps while turning than just flat ground/pulling into parking spaces.

17x9 4.5 inches backspacing and -12 offset

It's hard to tell. You might be good with hammering the pinch weld and some plastic trimming for daily driving. Just go easy on full lock out turns. If you cut the plastic, the tire will just rub on the Cabin Mount. You'll never be going fast, it'll just be a slight rub. Always safe to CMC just to have the extra clearance. Just turn the wheel all the way and imagine the truck lifted up a couple inches. Probably be close and will depend on how much travel your suspension has. If you're wheeling, you'll probably want to CMC because you'll need the clearance.

Here's 2 with 6" lifts, 35's and CMC.
Original link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWK9xPOMSDk

Original link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olujCJEARsk

I wheel with my 6” lift on 35’s. I have the 6” BDS coilover lift. But I go everywhere and even more than the 3” lift dudes here go. A lot of them even tell me they wish they went 6”. Clearance with the front is about the same as a 3” lift, but I get more clearance everywhere else.
96F88B81-521C-45C1-A3E3-70BBC747DB8D.jpeg
Also. If he wants to go off road he will still need a cmc and minor trimming, and hammering of the pinch weld. I still needed to do all that to get rid of the rubbing.

Good to know thanks! So cmc, punch weld, fender trimmer still all required for 35’s off road. Ill update original post.

Last edited:
Back