• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

C4 front armor + Baja lighting (goals thread)

17cementpro

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2017 Pro DCSB Auto
Cement
Going to be saving up for awhile before this dream can become reality... but here’s my goal:

(I inserted links mostly for myself to come back to when ready to start burning cash)

C4 Hybrid Front Bumper
  • Full height bullbar with side tube gussets
  • Passing on the optional 30” lightbar cutout
DBD65BC0-5A4A-44A0-9A24-BC8FAFABDCC1.jpeg

Baja Designs LP9 Sports
  • Pattern: Spot
  • Color: Amber
404C74B1-8ECC-4C11-9828-FC301B067EC0.jpeg

Baja Designs XL Sports
  • Pattern: Driving combo
Baja Designs Squadron Sports
  • Pattern: Driving combo
  • Color Amber
Baja Designs S2 Sports
  • Pattern: Wide Cornering
F74E3202-D068-4C0C-BDB3-28914FF60BEF.jpeg

Getting a lot of inspiration from various truck builds I follow on instagram, but I’ve yet to see a Tacoma with this particular set up. That being said if it looks this good on a Tundra it’s bound to come together how I’m imagining. Here’s an almost identical set up on a Tundra (credit: tacorunnertravels via instagram)

C9982F1B-7A83-42EC-8F4F-588D0BE203AA.jpeg

I just think with the LP9s, XLs, Squadrons, and S2s the need for a 30” bar isn’t necessary and I think the bumper will look clean without it.

Also, since C4 ships bare steel and I’d have to powder coat myself I’m totally digging this gun-metal color vs black
90C8DC8A-B9D5-431C-A888-8661434EEE5C.jpeg

Anyways I know it’s pretty random and stupid to post a thread just for ideas but I’m sort of a visual person and also when I “put things on paper” I tend to be better about making goals come to life vs living in my imagination

Not stupid at all. I have a full word document with all the things I have planned to do to the truck. Many have prices, links, and descriptions or even multiple options. The current state of my truck has been planned for years. (y)

And my .02 on the setup you're thinking, it'll look DOPE. :love:

Like Andy said, this isn’t stupid and I actually like this thread idea. It would be cool to see more of them. Because it’s a unique type of thread I haven’t seen before, I can’t make up my mind on if the build threads section or general 3rd gen section better suits it. Hmmm.

As for your ideas, I think you’re on a path of badassery. The bumper will look absolutely sick in gun metal (it does on the Tundra) and I LOVE circle aux lights mounted in that spot.

Nice writeup with some great lighting research. Planning ahead is the best course of action, especially since you can find discounts and promos to help with the large bill that'l come later ;)

Im rocking the C4 bumper as well and I love it!! 4 squadrons, 2 S2's, 30" S8 (In the grill I have another 30" and then the ditch lights too are squadrons). I can throw light like crazy going down the trail! I love the triple light setup in each of the side hoops, it gives plenty of light on the trails at night when im in a large group without blinding the person in front of me...but when im by myself I throw the dual 30" light bars on and its like daytime on the trails!

With that much light your definitely gonna want to look at your battery setup as well. Stock battery wont cut it, you wont be able to turn everything on all at once (I cant with my stock battery and am looking at a new setup).
tacoma.jpg

Nice writeup with some great lighting research. Planning ahead is the best course of action, especially since you can find discounts and promos to help with the large bill that'l come later ;)

Im rocking the C4 bumper as well and I love it!! 4 squadrons, 2 S2's, 30" S8 (In the grill I have another 30" and then the ditch lights too are squadrons). I can throw light like crazy going down the trail! I love the triple light setup in each of the side hoops, it gives plenty of light on the trails at night when im in a large group without blinding the person in front of me...but when im by myself I throw the dual 30" light bars on and its like daytime on the trails!

With that much light your definitely gonna want to look at your battery setup as well. Stock battery wont cut it, you wont be able to turn everything on all at once (I cant with my stock battery and am looking at a new setup).
tacoma.jpg

Very valid point about the battery. Also, I’m fairly OCD about certain things and will definitely want a clean wiring solution - so I’ve been researching SDHQ and Switchpro’s panel for in the truck. To me clean wiring and under the hood solutions are like artwork, I love seeing it done in a way that looks OEM

*edit* I was blown away at how expensive it is! Like $700 just to do what I was looking at

Back