• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Buzzing/rattling noise

iwalker123

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Having an issue and hoping that the wealth of knowledge here can help me out! I got a used 2017 TRD Sport double cab with a 6 ft bed, about 4 months ago. Has 60,000 miles on it currently. Whenever I accelerate under load, like going up a hill, I get a buzzing/rattling noise when the engine is somewhere between 1800 and 2200 rpm. It is very reminiscent of a heat shield rattle but I have checked all of those and found nothing loose. No codes or anything in it and the truck drives normally, ie no slipping or loss of power or anything. Hopefully one of you guys will have some ideas one this. Thanks!

I'd check the entire exhaust system for a start. One little loose hanger or a spot where it's a bit to close to another part so that when the engine is torqued it touches can do that.

Back