• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Bumper wrap

Witchdr76

2️⃣ Bronze
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
I went to local place in fife to get a quote on wrapping the bumperettes on the taco.. I was quoted $325.. anyone else have a shop they went to so I can compare?

I went to local place in fife to get a quote on wrapping the bumperettes on the taco.. I was quoted $325.. anyone else have a shop they went to so I can compare?
Where is local for you? If you’re in or near SoCal contact Marvin and Beyond Wraps. He does amazing work.

Why not plasti-dip or get color matched caps? $325 seems steep for something so easily damaged (vinyl). Hell, a metal high clearance bumper would be worth the investment, too.

If you're sold on a wrap, check out Meister Works in Renton, and tell Dave (the owner) that Arron sent you. I used to help him with vehicle wraps.

Why not plasti-dip or get color matched caps? $325 seems steep for something so easily damaged (vinyl). Hell, a metal high clearance bumper would be worth the investment, too.

If you're sold on a wrap, check out Meister Works in Renton, and tell Dave (the owner) that Arron sent you. I used to help him with vehicle wraps.

I am going to go the pastidip route.. my buddy told me how easy it was.. just trying to color match might be a pain, but I think I found something very close.

I am going to go the pastidip route.. my buddy told me how easy it was.. just trying to color match might be a pain, but I think I found something very close.

Just plain black will be your best bet. It'll be pretty damn close to the color of the plastic on the rest of the rear bumper. Color matching to the truck likely won't be possible with plastidip.

Texture matching is possible, though. The distance you spray the final coat determines how much surface texture is left on the plastidip. Close up gives you texture, further away smooths it out.

That’s steeeep. $325 u can get oem Pair color matched. And/or taco vinyl on IG has em color match oem part for less than that too! Good luck

$325 is absurd man. Those chrome caps wouldn’t be more than $20 in material. A wrap shop has that much material just lying around even.

You could have them cerakoted for next to half that.

Back