• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Bump Stops

Battlebornoverlander

5️⃣ Platinum
Reaction score
Website
battlebornoverlander.com
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Inferno
Ok, so I just dumped a ton of money on Icon Stage 9 Suspension. Bump Stops? Archive Garage Ubolt flip kit with the 2.7 super bumps or the Timbern Active Off-Road Bumpstops ?

Ready , Go lol
DC41CB56-3255-4916-B9EA-F615E97C142B.jpeg

Last edited:
the U-bolt flip kit and superbumps
suspension setup.jpg
from Wheelers is what im running in the rear, but in the front I have the King 2.0 series bumps which were a game changer in how she rode when going rough (dune jumping). I ran wheelers superbumps for about 2 years on the truck and that was sooo much better than stock, absolutely recommend wheelers! If you go that route, make sure you get the spacers to tune your bumpstop spacing if you have larger tires so you dont crash your tire into your wheelwell.

Are you really going to notice the difference? Yes they look nicer but if the endgame is the same what's the point?

Are you really going to notice the difference? Yes they look nicer but if the endgame is the same what's the point?
Endgame is not to have the same, not even to be close! The OEM bumps are like rocks, its pathetic...If you wheel hard enough you absolutely will be able to tell a difference.

I went with new bumps because well, the picture says it all...I would NEVER do that on OEM bumps! :p

Attachments

• JKP_5738.jpg
    JKP_5738.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 141
Endgame is not to have the same, not even to be close! The OEM bumps are like rocks, its pathetic...If you wheel hard enough you absolutely will be able to tell a difference.

I went with new bumps because well, the picture says it all...I would NEVER do that on OEM bumps! :p
I can imagine your setup makes a huge difference, especially when sending it like that.

I can imagine your setup makes a huge difference, especially when sending it like that.
Its like butter! I need to adjust them a bit more still, add a bit more nitrogen to them since the truck is Thicc...but the hydro's are worth every penny!

image.jpg

I just received my wheelers super bumps for the front, interested to see how they help. Installing here in the next day or so hopefully.

Also, reading the instructions it states over 2” lift or bigger tires you need a spacer underneath them? I assume the way they are is just fine given they are already like 3 times taller than stock and won’t limit my travel? (No sway bar)

Last edited:
image.jpg

I just received my wheelers super bumps for the front, interested to see how they help. Installing here in the next day or so hopefully.

Also, reading the instructions it states over 2” lift or bigger tires you need a spacer underneath them? I assume the way they are is just fine given they are already like 3 times taller than stock and won’t limit my travel? (No sway bar)
NO you will need the 1/4" spacer if you have bigger tires. I ran the superbumps for a while (before hydro bumps), and without the spacer at full compression youll rub the top of your inner fender sheet metal. These are active bumpstops so even though they are taller, they will compress to stock bump.

@TRDOFHOLLAND If I wasn’t rubbing the top of the sheet metal with the stock would I still have the issue?

Also with the spacer does it limit your travel at slow speeds to much like crawling etc.?

Thanks for the help

Last edited:
@TRDOFHOLLAND If I wasn’t rubbing the top of the sheet metal with the stock would I still have the issue?

Also with the spacer does it limit your travel at slow speeds to much like crawling etc.?

Thanks for the help
If you have bigger tires then yes you will probably rub, even with the oem bumpstops a 33" tire rubs at full bump into the fender. If I didn't just repaint my fender then I would have shown you photos of rubbing.

No at slow speeds it wont limit your up travel, these bumps are designed to be a lot more active and progressive than the hard oem bumps

If you have bigger tires then yes you will probably rub, even with the oem bumpstops a 33" tire rubs at full bump into the fender. If I didn't just repaint my fender then I would have shown you photos of rubbing.

No at slow speeds it wont limit your up travel, these bumps are designed to be a lot more active and progressive than the hard oem bumps

Looks like I will have to order the spacer. You go with the 1/4” or 3/8” spacer? Wish they gave some measurements you could take to determine what ya needed.

Looks like I will have to order the spacer. You go with the 1/4” or 3/8” spacer? Wish they gave some measurements you could take to determine what ya needed.
I used the 1/4" spacer up front. Youll love the bumpstops!!! Makes the harsh ride so much smoother when your really pushing it hard

Just ordered DuroBumps to replace stock for the front in the rear I have ADS bump shocks that are a touch filthy after this past weekend 🤔
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    398.8 KB · Views: 137
Its important to check your bump height too (you can remove the coilovers to see where your going to crash first), and also measure with your coilovers with the springs off to see how much shock travel your actually using to make adjustments to your bumpstops. I just took my coilover off, reinstalled the UCA, put a jack underneath the lca and cranked it up to the point of full bump to see what was gonna hit.

Here im just barely rubbing on the plastic fender and also the inner sheet metal of the fender, ill adjust the bump an 1/8 down to help prevent me from crashing into the bodywork...once the truck goes to 35's the fender will have to change in order to get your full tuck when at bump.

These are King 2.0 front bumpstops (from downsouthmotorsports) pressured to 150psi

IMG-6731.jpg
IMG-6727.jpg
IMG-6724.jpg
IMG-6728.jpg
IMG-6729.jpg

Back