• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Build direction

Hubermr

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2018 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Midnight Black
Guys is it more worth getting the big things like high clearance rear bumper and front bumper first before bed rails or roof rack? I’m itching to work on Vader the Taco more!

That all depends on your plans. For example, I'm not planning on any serious off-roading any time soon (not much around where I live) so I went with bed and roof rack before bumpers and armor. I do however plan on it later so I do have wait I want pick out.

One thing that is worth being mindful of: planning what additional weight you're going to add to your rig (whether it's permanent or temporary) before you plan your lift is recommended. That way you'll avoid buying more beefy coils or additional leafs etc. after you load up your rig.

One thing that is worth being mindful of: planning what additional weight you're going to add to your rig (whether it's permanent or temporary) before you plan your lift is recommended. That way you'll avoid buying more beefy coils or additional leafs etc. after you load up your rig.

Dude! I didn’t think of that. I appreciate you. I think I’m looking at aluminum for the bumpers but steel for armor under.

Think of needs and spare spending money, I went sliders -> lift + tires -> shell -> skids -> armor with HUGE gaps between purchases. Obviously the protection down low is most important especially since I know I'll be going to an offroad park or trying to explore new trails in different states and I'm looking for the harder ones, then the lift and tires because the obvious and since I knew I'd be steel everything I made sure the lift would have heavier coil springs and a heavier leaf pack. Then shell and I slept in the shell for like a year before drunkenly buying a rooftop tent which I just sold along with the cap because I want to focus more on trail riding then the camping aspect so I'm going to a simple annex room or ground tent for sleeping. Of course throw a fridge and some lights where you see fit those are pretty sweet.

Back