• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Budget Mods?

_blacksr5

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
2017 SR5 DCSB Auto
Midnight Black
Looking to do some budget mods either for interior or exterior or both! Any ideas?

Hehe, define "budget." That has different meanings for everyone. There's cosmetics, like derped grills, blackout badges, sticker hp gains, interior leds/skins, etc. Then you can get into some of the little bit more spendy mods, like fog like replacement kits, seat covers, turn signal/headlight blackouts.

Depends what you're looking for out of your truck and what you want it to do/want to do with it.

Good luck!

Interior map and vanity LED lights - 12-25$ on Amazon/eBay

HID headlights- 30-150$ amazon or @RetroworksLighting

CB Radio - 50$ Amazon with antenna

OCD Organizer - about 20$ for the tray and divider for center cubby

Hondo garage un-holy dash mount - 35$

Where to start kind of depends on where you want to end up, but here are some ideas that are relatively universal:

Husky or WeatherTech mats

Semi-permanently black out chrome trim pieces with a $5 can of Plasti-Dip

LED bulbs look better and are easy to swap

Salex center console organizers can make life easier

Diff breather mod if you ever travel through water

You can do the Subaru tweeter upgrade for cleaner sound

Back