• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Brand new truck - didn't know about Toyota Care...What else?

Asmara

3️⃣ Silver
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a 2021 Tacoma from another country and had a relative pick it up for me a few weeks before I returned to the US. I've never bought a brand new car, I usually buy a 3-5 year Toyota (4runner) but with the market the way it is right now, new was a better deal.

I saw a post that mentioned something about Toyota Care and free oil changes. I looked up my Tacoma on the Toyota site, I am eligible for that as well. I had no idea and didn't see anything about it in the paperwork.

Anything else important I may have missed?

Welcome! The Toyota Care Free oil changes are nice.....however, I never took advantage of them as I do my own service work so I know they're done right! Too many stories out there of 'botched' or 'bad' service appointments. Enjoy your '21!

Welcome to the Tacoma owners club.
I don't think you missed anything else :)

I used the Tacoma care oil changes and such, and was happy with Toyota's work. Most Toyota dealerships are good, though you will find shady critters here and there. Just check your oil yourself after the change, and mark the tires with a white marker in a quiet location to make sure they actually rotated them. "Trust, but verify."

It's really just regular maintenance for 2 years or 25,000 miles. Was only 2-3 oil changes. No big deal.
They still throw on the every 5,000 miles sticker. I think it's 10k now.
Every 5k is tire rotation and topping off fluids.
Every 10k is the oil change.

There's been a few that have sent in samples to labs for analysis. Wasn't much of a difference actually taking it out to 10k.
I did the oil changes at 5k. No reason. I think they just did it and I went along with it because it was whatever.
After 20k, I'll be going every 10k.

Back