• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Maintenance Brakes squeaking at 7k

Wfaast

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2020 DCSB OR

At about 7k my brakes started squeaking, a little here and there, I chopped it up to dust or water, now at 7.2k it’s squeaking every time. I’m wondering if this is a common issue with the new generation of brake pads.

A month before I bought my ‘20 Tacoma my wife bought a ‘20 Subaru Ascent. Around 1.5-2k her brakes started squeaking, it’s an issue lots of ‘20 ascents are having due to removing copper from the brake pads for EPA reqs. Subaru replaced hers and anyone else’s that are squeaking with a different pad.

I’m wondering if Tacomas are facing a similar issue?

I will be taking it in this week to the dealership to be addressed, just curious if this is something that’s common.

Back