• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Maintenance Brake issues on a 2019 pro 18.5k miles

TacoMario

2️⃣ Bronze
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2019 Pro DCSB Auto
White
Whats up everyone,
Not sure if this would be of value to you guys but here you go. Recently started feeling occasional slight steering wheel vibration while braking at high speeds, with bed loaded and mostly when driving downhill 55+ mph. It was enough for me to bring it up at 20k service two weeks ago. Dealership resurfaced rear drums and said it was fixed. Drove it various ways to test out their fix, i still felt a hint of vibration at steering wheel with the braking. Called back a variety of times for a week asking what else could be done, their techs claimed they felt no brake issues. You guys know we know our own trucks and can notice any variation from normal. Dealership took it back and continued trying to look for an issue. After a full day they found the front rotors had excessive runout (warped rotors). Runout measured at .0039” and max allowed is .002”. (New rotor runout is .0008”)Was told new rotors/pads were needed and that was not typically something that could be warrantied out. After some friendly pressure on the service tech he spoke to his manager and they did a one time good will service and i paid nothing for new rotors, pads and service!!
Moral of the story, trust your gut, dont take “no” for an answer and dealerships obviously do have flexibility to help a customer out!
Hope this helps someone, sorry for rambling.. im just pumped to have my truck back to normal!

Last edited:
Back