• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Bilstein 6112s issues at top notch.

Husky701

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
Currently have a 2017 TRD OR with Bilstien 6112s up front set at the top notch each side with a 1/4" spacer for the lean. I have the stock UCAs and BFG KO2s 285/70-17. I have had them on now for a few months. I am having issues I believe with the down travel. Going into pot holes or speed bumps or anything letting full droop feels terrible. It feels like its slamming into something everytime and is worse than stock so far in this regard. It is improved on the compression stroke but as soon as its being uncompressed its pretty jarring. I reached out to the vendor I bought them through and the rep basically just said thats just what they do at the top notch. I did a lot of reading on people's impressions of these shocks and never heard about them being terrible as far as down travel goes. My question is what should I do from here. I need the lift to clear the tires. Go down on the notches and add a spacer to make up the difference? Go with a different UCA? Put in a heavier spring to lower the notches? Thanks for reading.

At that height I would definitely go with new UCA's. Any one you choose in the aftermarket should give you at least an inch more down travel.

Back