• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Bilstein 6112 level set

russh

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
Hi - I have a 2015 Tacoma prerunner double cab V6 2WD

I purchased Bilstein 6112 for the front and 5100 for the rear. There is a lot of conflicting information about ride height both in marketing material, specifications, and on forum.

I was wondering if anyone can tell me what setting to use to keep the ride height/lift relatively stock, or close to stock and level.

Thanks

The 6112 on the lowest setting is going to be a 1" lift from stock for a 2nd gen. Possibly a touch more for the prerunner not for sure on that.

thanks dude, I will install and report back. I searched the forums for my specific question and only found reviews of people trying to lift their truck.

thanks dude, I will install and report back. I searched the forums for my specific question and only found reviews of people trying to lift their truck.
No problem. Keep in mind the springs will settle so it'll start off taller right after install then settle to normal height.

From what I understand the 6112’s are adjustable…up or down…
I did a 6/5 on my front settings 6112’s and a rear icon 1.5 add-a-lift with 5160s ….the ride became firmer…better then the soft stock ride and bounce on ruts…
I do wish it came with adjustable settings for street and off road use…? I miss my Rough Country with the 1-9 Manuel dial in ….from soft- to stiff..1980’s designs…
Aloha

Last edited by a moderator:
I made the install with the 6112's circlip at the lowest setting. There is a mild perceptible increase in the front end height, the truck doesn't sit "level". I will give it a month or two and might just do an ikon add a leaf if it doesn't settle in. Thanks for the help

It’ll happen. I installed them on the tallest setting on my 3rd gen which is 2” and did 1.5” I the back to keep some rake and it was level for a month or so then finally settled down.

Would depend which model you purchased.

47-234413 3rd Gen
46-241627 2nd Gen

3rd Gen shock having 6 positions.
2nd Gen shock having 5 positions.

CRpXWr.jpg

Pretty sure they are cross compatible but may be different heights than what's out there due to weight.

Back