• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Bike racks

Biohazard

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Rig of the Month
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2020 Pro DCSB Auto
White
So, I have this mounted up:
9C16430E-A0C1-4DA9-802C-F1F626729FE4.jpeg

E69D64AB-6114-4AF2-A7A7-51A25B51B622.jpeg

And it works great for just me, but I saw this custom but mounted up on a cool but old diesel land cruiser 80 series camper conversion that would be awesome.

9DAC8D54-5898-4551-BA80-22211BB39DA8.png

Anyone have any idea how to make this or where to get one made?

Where would you mount something like that on the truck though? On the side would look goofy because of how far they would stick out. Might be easier to get a hitch mounted bike rack

Where would you mount something like that on the truck though? On the side would look goofy because of how far they would stick out. Might be easier to get a hitch mounted bike rack
Was going to say this too. That works on the vehicle in the photo but seems like it would be annoying on the back of the taco.

Hitch mount would get my vote here. 1Up has a few cool options, their Recon rack is fairly similar to what you posted.

Also that Yeti looks rad.

Was thinking mounted to my leitner rack and bumper, similar to the Land Cruiser location (driver's side).

Also saw North Shore's bike rack for the hitch. Similar concept of a vertical rack, just the other way around.

Was going to say this too. That works on the vehicle in the photo but seems like it would be annoying on the back of the taco.

Hitch mount would get my vote here. OneUp has a few cool options, their Recon rack is fairly similar to what you posted.

Also that Yeti looks rad.

Thanks. The Yeti is like me having a Porsche 911 Turbo S. Totally beyond my limits and ability to use, but such fun to ride.

Thanks. The Yeti is like me having a Porsche 911 Turbo S. Totally beyond my limits and ability to use, but such fun to ride.
I believe it. They make nice bikes.

I have a Santa Cruz 5010 C and a Trek Superfly 100. For being 10 years old (upgraded with all modern components) the Trek is a rocket ship, but the Santa gets bigger air lol.

I had a fork mount on my truck a while back, switched to a hitch rack after I left the front wheel at the park twice, got lucking the first time, second time I wasnt so much.

I had a fork mount on my truck a while back, switched to a hitch rack after I left the front wheel at the park twice, got lucking the first time, second time I wasnt so much.
Oof. This dude on TW makes these wheel mounts for the bed rails, pretty sweet little attachment that's low-profile when it doesn't have a wheel on it. Great for carrying the spare tire if you rock fork mounts. Would have suggested to the OP but looking at his bed setup I don't think there's room.

UHAwdy1h.jpg

Oof. This dude on TW makes these wheel mounts for the bed rails, pretty sweet little attachment that's low-profile when it doesn't have a wheel on it. Great for carrying the spare tire if you rock fork mounts. Would have suggested to the OP but looking at his bed setup I don't think there's room.

UHAwdy1h.jpg
That's cool. It actually might work, could rig it up to the back of my leitner box.

I like the OP's set up. I have a friend that built something similar for his Wrangler and another friends FJ. Cool for convenient single bike carry. I appreciate one ups, but this is way cheaper and cool for simple day to day use.

Back