• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Big changes for me & questions

Stealthspawn

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2021 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Voodoo Blue
So I moved from Oregon to Washington last month & my gf & I got a place together & I'm absolutely loving being back in WA. So here's my question..:
My sunroof seems to be sticking when I open & close it. Seem to be rubbing up against the body when it opens/cracks opens. I tried some multi purpose grease around the edges of the body... did not work. Also took it to toyota to have them reset the sunroof & clean/relube the motors. Do you guys have any suggestions for this fix?

Also one other sort-of issue it the grab handle on the driver sidenot lining up with the post any of you have a better solution to put that dang piece in the flush up with the post? Lol

Hope you all are having a great weekend so far.

Can you post a video of what it's doing?

Post a picture of the grab bar. If it's the one above your head, I think it's held in by a clip. You have to seat it correctly then press in to keep it in place.
But when you say post, is it the one on the A-Pillar? If it's the A-Pillar one, then it's aftermarket. To get that to seat better, you'll have to pop the caps off. Unscrew the bolts, but don't remove them all the way. Get enough room to pull out the handle. Try to fit it by tightening both bolts evenly.

Here's a pic of the grab handle & vid of what the moon roof is doing. Yeah it's the one on the A-Pillar & it's the aftermarket Kyro grab handle that I bought off-line. I'll take it off this weekend & send a pic of inside the pillar. Thanks for your help

Edit: I guess I can't send a vid because it doesn't support vids on here I guess? I could send it to you through social media if you'd like

Attachments

• 20230405_072836.jpg
    20230405_072836.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 69
  • 20230405_072901.jpg
    20230405_072901.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 72
I'm still trying to wrap my head around moving TO Washington FROM Oregon...

But I might be biased ;)

Here's a pic of the grab handle & vid of what the moon roof is doing. Yeah it's the one on the A-Pillar & it's the aftermarket Kyro grab handle that I bought off-line. I'll take it off this weekend & send a pic of inside the pillar. Thanks for your help

Edit: I guess I can't send a vid because it doesn't support vids on here I guess? I could send it to you through social media if you'd like

Just slap it on YouTube.

KTJO?
I have the same one and mines the same way. Just one of those things I've learned to ignore. Since it's not OEM, it's not OEM quality. Only thing I can think of is to heat it up enough to reshape it a little. You could also remove it, then file off some material at the base where it seats top to make it mount closer to the mounting point. That would draw it in closer. Your post actually just made me think of that. I might give that a shot if I ever break my laziness.

Heat gun and something soft ish and smooth to hold against it to not leave marks. Too hard/hot and flat will flatten out texture. Could try taking off the weather seal and placing some type of spacer between the ceiling and roof to push that part of the ceiling panel down into the grab handle. Something like polyurethane foam.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around moving TO Washington FROM Oregon...

But I might be biased ;)
There are many areas up here that are incredibly beautiful! People are pretty nice & all around nice areas. I lived in Troutdale before I moved & Portland's crap just poured to far out of the city to enjoy that place.

There are many areas up here that are incredibly beautiful! People are pretty nice & all around nice areas. I lived in Troutdale before I moved & Portland's crap just poured to far out of the city to enjoy that place.
Okay, well I agree with that, Portland is the worst right now. Drive an hour in any direction and you can escape it though. Maybe two hours in some cases.

Back