Toppers/Campers Bestop supertop or softopper? Which would you pick

• 🤙Hello, visitor! You've found the only 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma forum!
    Tacoma3G.com is an online forum for 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma and overland enthusiasts. Our resources include: build threads, tutorials, gear reviews, exclusive discounts and giveaways, a marketplace to buy and sell items, local trail events, and more. We have thousands of friendly, knowledgeable members, including many officials from your favorite companies. Registration is completely free and only takes 30 seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig soon!

Jesse Rizo

T3G Level: Platinum
T3G Supporter
First Name
Jesse
T3G Member
#1,068
Of course for me I would go with Bestop supertop I love it overall BUT I want to hear everyone else’s input lol and see pictures if you guys have any.
But with no pressure just helping those that want it If you decide on www.bestop.com I have a 10%off discount code for everyone: JESSERIZOBESTOP
B8469C29-9951-40CC-823B-E7EA0E8B033C.jpeg
ECEEC8FE-83E5-4C2F-A07F-8C86E7F7771C.jpeg
C754B2F4-7291-43D6-B476-3DCA102E647A.png
A004B82E-4CF9-4EF0-9759-67BB2A5399A9.jpeg

Ericz34

T3G Level: Bronze
First Name
Eric
T3G Member
#2,883
Bestop is kind of growing on me but I still prefer the softopper. I just don’t like the sides of the bestop. Softopper has more of a single piece look.

Aenriquez

T3G Level: Silver
T3G Supporter
First Name
Abel
T3G Member
#5,024
Not familiar with the Bestop unit, in person,
20190201_174633_HDR.jpg
but, I can say that the fit and overall quality of the Softopper is excellent. I prefer the profile of the Softopper over the Bestop......seems a little tighter, IMO.

SoCaldiver

First Name
Ernie
T3G Member
#1,400
Honestly I had the new supper top by bestop and hated the rear bed access with the bar. from what I have seen the softtopper is the best option in my opinion

Jesse Rizo

T3G Supporter
First Name
Jesse
T3G Member
#1,068
I've been looking at getting a soft style shell, my only concern is do they leak much?
Only spot I’ve seen water come in is threw the sides of my tailgate and on the side closest to the cabin our truck beds have a hole I can’t explain it lol but every Tacoma has it but all I did was cover that with foam

Jesse Rizo

T3G Supporter
First Name
Jesse
T3G Member
#1,068
As far as the softop no it doesn’t leak it’s water proof the Only spot I’ve seen water come in is threw the sides of my tailgate lol but that’s not the softops fault and it’s only while driving in hard hard rain if not no not that I’ve noticed

Thetannedtaco

First Name
Tyler Carter
T3G Member
#5,545
Only spot I’ve seen water come in is threw the sides of my tailgate and on the side closest to the cabin our truck beds have a hole I can’t explain it lol but every Tacoma has it but all I did was cover that with foam
Cool thanks for the info man!

mgmyota

T3G Supporter
First Name
Chris
Military
Army
T3G Member
#5,520
Can these handle high winds? We get some pretty narly sand storms where I’m at and high winds follow. Wouldn’t want it to rip off the truck if I got one

NukedTaco

First Name
Wyatt
Military
Navy
T3G Member
#1,458
Can these handle high winds? We get some pretty narly sand storms where I’m at and high winds follow. Wouldn’t want it to rip off the truck if I got one
I've only ever heard of one being damaged by wind but you could always add another pair of clamps if you are super worried

Jesse Rizo

T3G Supporter
First Name
Jesse
T3G Member
#1,068
I’ve gone threw hard ass winds idk if u know where Palm Springs ca is but god damn those are hard sometimes and it’s done fine no problem u do feel it push u a little more than normal but as long as you tighten the clamps correctly and install them where they state in the instruction U should have no problem

Top Bottom