• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Best NorCal dealers?

tomtaylz

3️⃣ Silver
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
I'll be buying a taco in November/December and I'm in SF, what dealers have you had luck with and what ones do you stay away from?
Which ones are mod friendly for warranty based service in the future?

I plan on doing my normal strategy, which is emailing a bunch of local dealers the exact configuration I want and getting their best price.

Wish I could recommend one for you but I don't know too much about the NorCal dealers.

However, if you're willing to drive a bit (understandable if not) I do know Cabe Toyota in Long Beach are friendly toward the overland/modded trucks. The OC-Overland group hosts a big charity event there each year and I even saw some aftermarket skid plates and other items from popular off-road brands for sale in their show room. https://www.cabetoyota.com/

I'll be buying a taco in November/December and I'm in SF, what dealers have you had luck with and what ones do you stay away from?
Which ones are mod friendly for warranty based service in the future?

I plan on doing my normal strategy, which is emailing a bunch of local dealers the exact configuration I want and getting their best price.
I bought from Toyota 101 in Redwood City a few months ago, they had the best pricing and were easy to deal with.

if they sell their own lifted trucks, most likely more mod friendly.

it also really depends on what you're trying to fix too. If you have a radio problem, they can't say your tires caused it.

I had multiple shitty experiences with Toyota of Marin service department.

Last edited:
Thompson's Toyota/Placerville CA/All around good shop/Give them a shot
i almost bought a Tundra from them back in 2015. They offered excellent dealer discounts. i purchased my 2020 Tacoma offroad from Yuba Cith Toyota. Good people to deal with.

Back