• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Best lidt and tire upgrade for a daily driver

sshattuck84

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Midnight Black
I'm looking to do a lift on my 2017 but I dont want to drastically change the ride or get to crazy with mods. I'm thinking maybe a 2" leveling kit or 3" in the front 2" in the rear, and bigger tires. What's the best lift package out there for what I'm looking for ? Thanks

I'm looking to do a lift on my 2017 but I dont want to drastically change the ride or get to crazy with mods. I'm thinking maybe a 2" leveling kit or 3" in the front 2" in the rear, and bigger tires. What's the best lift package out there for what I'm looking for ? Thanks

First off it will depend on what you want to spend. You can go expensive and get kings, icon, ome or you can go on the cheaper side (still decent quality and ride) with bilsteins.

Also factor in what you want to do with the truck. It is your truck and you can do whatever you want with it.

A spacer lift and block is not gonna make you happy (I’ve done it) the ride quality is terrible after one.

A set of 5100s is a great upgrade for these trucks, it’s budget friendly, provides a lift and still rides decent

Ya I'm thinking maybe high mid grade stuff doesn't have to be the best but something that will last. I'll check out the 5100's. I'm definitely not gonna be doing much off roading so I just want to beef the look up a little while still getting really good ride quality. Do you recommend just doing a 2" leveling kit in the front ?

I have the stage 3 kit from icon. Personally, I think it’s significantly improved the ride quality on road. A little stiffer but feels like a truck should ride now.

Back