• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

best bumper for offroad and animal impact protection

Robogle

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
hey guys super new here so thanks for having me! I've recently been looking into adding a bumper for off road, but because i live in an area with a ton of deer and other wildlife i would also like it for protection. I was wondering if anyone had any specific bumpers or brands they could recommend for both purposes (or if most off road bumpers are already good for both purposes) as i have really only looked at ARB and CBI but am open to anything and looking for as many options as possible. Thank you in advance to anyone who responds! :)

I think defining your type of off-road is important.
To some folks off-road is dirt trails and fire roads/mining roads. To others, it’s ohv trails that are mostly 4low and less cruising. Then there are the demented folks that bang and grind their rigs up trails that are technical and slow.
All of those groups generally would be interested in different style bumpers.

I think sorting the style you want, with a price you can swallow is the start. Then see who has a lead time that will let you get it this year. Then put in the order.

As far as collision protection, ARB bumpers are the only ones that I'm aware of that are actually engineered for crumple zones like the bumpers on any other car.

I think defining your type of off-road is important.
To some folks off-road is dirt trails and fire roads/mining roads. To others, it’s ohv trails that are mostly 4low and less cruising. Then there are the demented folks that bang and grind their rigs up trails that are technical and slow.
All of those groups generally would be interested in different style bumpers.

I think sorting the style you want, with a price you can swallow is the start. Then see who has a lead time that will let you get it this year. Then put in the order.
Thanks for the advice! as far as my style i definitely cruise dirt trails and old fire roads/mining roads the most not into grinding my rig into the sides of rocks lol

If you're serious about the animal protection part, I think a full hoop bumper would be best. @brocent is right but I have a steel @Relentless Fabrication full hoop and I'm pretty sure it would turn a deer into soup.

IMG_4993.JPG
IMG_4994.JPG
IMG_4995.JPG

Thanks for all the help! One of my friends actually sold me a demello offroad steel bumper for a good deal. Ill post pics once i have enough time to install it

Thanks for all the help! One of my friends actually sold me a demello offroad steel bumper for a good deal. Ill post pics once i have enough time to install it

I'd say either demello or Mobtown offroad

Awesome! The DO bumper is one of my favorites aesthetic wise.

Back