• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Bed weight

PapaHugeTime

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
I will be putting a diesel slip tank in my bed for work. Along with a spare tire and tools. I’m thinkin roughly 1500lbs ... currently have a toytec 3 inch lift ..

Air bag suspension? Add a leaf? Both?!

I'd say a full leaf pack along with airbags would be a good idea as that's a decent amount of weight. Then you could adjust the ride dependent on how full the tank is or if you have anything else in the bed. Just my .02

Firestone bags with on board air for self adjusting
As @Mr. Nobody siad leafs to but that still exceeds the maximum weight for the bed

The Firestone bags are good. I can't remember but I found some the are bags that separate when spread apart, for example when you fully extend the suspension. So they could be inflated when the truck was weighed down, but if you flex the truck or they wouldn't hinder range of motion.

Can't remember what brand they were but I'd look into something like that. At least to research.

The Firestone bags are good. I can't remember but I found some the are bags that separate when spread apart, for example when you fully extend the suspension. So they could be inflated when the truck was weighed down, but if you flex the truck or they wouldn't hinder range of motion.

Can't remember what brand they were but I'd look into something like that. At least to research.
I believe the Firestone are one mount setup cause I believe I've seen alot of photos with the daystar cradle
I have air lift and they are locked if I remembered in both sides and will have a chance of tearing if I'm not careful

Back