• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Bed shell

Nathanb_145

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I drive a 2018 Tacoma sr5, and I’m looking for a bed shell/camper shell. I’m new to the community so I’m not sure about good brands or models. I’m not looking for anything fancy, just standard for a good price. Thanks a lot

Hi everyone! I drive a 2018 Tacoma sr5, and I’m looking for a bed shell/camper shell. I’m new to the community so I’m not sure about good brands or models. I’m not looking for anything fancy, just standard for a good price. Thanks a lot
Have you found one you like or are you still browsing?

I like my Leer, it works well for me

Attachments

• F42787CD-07C2-4A55-B20D-E41F3200C883.jpeg
    F42787CD-07C2-4A55-B20D-E41F3200C883.jpeg
    573.3 KB · Views: 285
Still browsing. I’m thinking of either Leer or Snugtop. Not sure yet.
I don't have a topper and don't know too much about them. But the ARE Overland has kind of a unique look to it. Besides that, I don't know if people have ever had any trouble with them.

I just went for the first thing I could find googling "used truck shell dealer" because dealers will take in and sell used ones for around a grand to 1200 but snagged mine on craigslist for $800 same color sliding screen doors carpeted and the guy only had it for about a month! It's a leer something I honestly don't know but can't go wrong with any leer or are. Eventually but probably almost never because it'll be way out of my price range, I'd love to do a flatbed and canopy setup like they do on those landcruisers in the AU. Also windoors are amazing kind of wish I had them.

I'm with this guy. ALU-CAB. A bit pricey but well worth it. I didnt go as all out as him but the explorer canopy is awesome.
PSX_20200209_084858.jpg
PSX_20200202_164726.jpg
20200215_090847.jpg
Cool set up, however is he top heavy at all?

@Chaury08 that shell interior shot is awesome. Looks really nicely set up inside. Well done man (y)

@Chaury08 that shell interior shot is awesome. Looks really nicely set up inside. Well done man (y)

Thanks man. I am working on a few ideas down the road to help utilize space better but for now I cant complain. I dont regret spending the extra $$$ for the Alu-Cab Canopy over Fiberglass.

Last edited:
Back