Bed rack build | 3rd Generation Toyota Tacomas — Tacoma3G.com

Bed rack build

TacoJoe

T3G Level: Bronze
T3G Supporter
First Name
Joey
T3G #
Wanted to share a project I have been working on. With the help of my close friend and fabricator we made a bed rack for a RTT. So far got the base done. We made the rack to bolt into the stock rail system. The center posts are removable for easy storage if not used.
Here is what I'm planning to add besides the tent.
Surfboard rack below the tent, 2 inch LEDs off the back, fishing pole holder(s), water and gas cans.
Wondering what are some must haves that you all use. This is the first time for me. I will be doing some Baja trips and mountain camping.
Gonna just spray paint it for now. Want to make sure I have everything welded up before powder coat. Open to any and all feedback.20190430_115450.jpg20190430_150531.jpg20190430_152831.jpg20190430_152835.jpg

Mr. Nobody

T3G Level: Onyx
Event Director
T3G Supporter
T3G O.G.
First Name
Andy
T3G #
Looks like an awesome start to a project with great potential!

TacoJoe

T3G Supporter
First Name
Joey
T3G #
Thanks, I originally wanted to go with a shell like yours. The leer dealer kind of talked me out of it based on the weight of a tent. I couldn't get a straight answer on weight limits. Where did you buy your shell?

Tyler

T3G Level: Grandmaster
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military Service
Marine Corps
T3G #
The rack looks good so far. Do you have any updated photos of it?

Tyler

T3G Level: Grandmaster
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military Service
Marine Corps
T3G #
The surfboard holder is sweet. Did you not have it set up yet when the tent was on? Or is it just not compatible with the tent?

TacoJoe

T3G Supporter
First Name
Joey
T3G #
Surfboard will fit with the tent on. I just didn't have them both on at the same time. It's just a soft surf rack mounted underneath. The straps go below the board.