• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

BAMF hangers and shackles

Jay

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
Website
www.lcoverland.com
2021 Sport DCSB Auto
Army Green
I ordered the Hangers and shackles from Bay Area Metal Fab.
First look: these things are beefy. They are super good looking and much bigger than the factory hangers. Shackles are basically the same as factory but they are greasable.

Time for the destruction:
Opted for the torch option to get the rivets out
To start I would recommend removing the leafs completely to better help with the install
To start
1. remove the back wheels
2. Remove the bottom shock bolts to allow droop
3. Unbolt the bolt in the hanger that connects the shackle
4. Unbolt the front bolt for the leaf.
5. Remove the 4 nuts holding the ubolts in.
6. Remove leaf

Break out the torch
I heated up each rivet and then took a air hammer to pop them out.
there
Once we got all 4 out we had to drill the holes a little bigger
we assembled them all together on the ground to allow us better fitment for re install. Once we got everything bolted back up we bolted in the front, the the 4 supplied bolts for the hangers and then the 4 nuts on the ubolts.
bolted back up the shocks
Put the wheels back on
Bammmm final product.
62D5EBE5-B9E1-4683-BA07-B6F09D126DDA.jpeg
1B915BEE-ED56-475A-8AEC-930B1F4FDC2B.jpeg
BC619E69-3A57-4EC4-91A9-6D1A919F9618.jpeg
6B742215-AADD-495B-8F22-874F9A227BA7.jpeg
17F933DF-F2F0-4C76-A35D-7EEA89CD6891.jpeg

Nice write-up on your install. Do you have a before/after of the whole truck to see if it looks any higher?

Nice write-up on your install. Do you have a before/after of the whole truck to see if it looks any higher?
I do but I think there’s some more sag that will happen. I should’ve grabbed a measurement before and after

Back