Back up camera clean up

• Hello, visitor! You've found the only 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma forum! 🤙
    Tacoma3G.com is an online forum for 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma and overland enthusiasts. Our resources include: build threads, tutorials, gear reviews, exclusive discounts and giveaways, a marketplace to buy and sell items, local trail events, and more. We have thousands of friendly, knowledgeable members, including many officials from your favorite companies. Registration is completely free and only takes 30 seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig soon!

Cougsfan34

= II • Bronze
First Name
Mike
T3G Member
Is anyone having issues keeping their back up camera clean with all the rain we are having. This is my first vehicle ever to have a back up camera, and while I don't use it that often...it is kinda nice to have. Is there a little plastic cover or clear lense sticker to put over it? Do you use something different to keep the little camera clean and stop it from getting coated in mud or road grime?

ShikyoX

= VI • Diamond
T3G Supporter
First Name
Trevor
T3G Member
Is anyone having issues keeping their back up camera clean with all the rain we are having. This is my first vehicle ever to have a back up camera, and while I don't use it that often...it is kinda nice to have. Is there a little plastic cover or clear lense sticker to put over it? Do you use something different to keep the little camera clean and stop it from getting coated in mud or road grime?
You can purchase clear screen protector off Ebay, but there is not much you can do to keep it clean , best case while you thumb over it everytime you get in you truck.
Another method you can try would be rain X or somthing similar, it may or may not help

RevN3

= VI • Diamond
RotM Winner
T3G Supporter
T3G Member
#1,323
Yup, agreed. When it's dirty wipe it off. Be careful not to scratch it.

That said...I wonder if there is a better quality plug and play replacement. I think I'll do some googling.

danwray

= II • Bronze
First Name
Dan
T3G Member
#1,373
I tried rainx, it didn't help at all. Now I just wipe it off with my finger when I notice it getting hazy every few weeks

jchooley13

= IV • Gold
T3G Supporter
First Name
Justin
T3G Member
#3,111
Meguiar's hybrid ceramic wax seems to be working pretty good and lasting longer than rainx did. Looks good on paint and trim as well.

Last edited:

TRDcement_taco19

= IV • Gold
First Name
Nick
T3G Member
#5,130
I’ve used a solution for fog/water repellent for eye glasses 🤓 for my backup cam. Sold on amazon but now I can’t find it and I would link u to it

Top Bottom