• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

AVS rainguards

Born Lifted

2️⃣ Bronze
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2019 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Cement
Hello all,

looking at getting a low profile rainguards in matte black for my 19’ cement trd off-road. What do you pros recommend, tape on or in channel? Going AVS through online as I can’t find any in stock anywhere close. Thanks in advance.

I have the in channel ones. Only complaint is I shouldn't have gone with matte black. Between the guard and the A pillar I have a massive blind spot. But depending on your height and seating position it might not be a problem.

Rock auto has them for $15 cheaper than AVS.

I have the in channel ones. Only complaint is I shouldn't have gone with matte black. Between the guard and the A pillar I have a massive blind spot. But depending on your height and seating position it might not be a problem.

Rock auto has them for $15 cheaper than AVS.
Got some pics?

Got some pics?

20200404_143556-jpg.21030
20200404_143610-jpg.21031

Tomorrow I'll try to get one from inside.

Hello all,

looking at getting a low profile rainguards in matte black for my 19’ cement trd off-road. What do you pros recommend, tape on or in channel? Going AVS through online as I can’t find any in stock anywhere close. Thanks in advance.
I like the in channel personally. WeatherTech has some that are dark tinted so you still have visibility

I have just the regular smoked in-channel deflector. I wasn't aware that matte black was available, however I am glad because I probably would have gotten them instead and looking at Jchooley13's pic, I would have not been happy. That is a pretty big blind spot. I do think the in-channel ones look way cleaner than the ones that go on the outside.

Back