• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Automatic Transmission question

dirtydog3300

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
I have a 2016 toyota tacoma that seems to have a shimmy at 1000-2000 rpm when shifting through gears or when taking off. Looking for any kind of input to help with this..

I think that there is a Technical Service Bulletin for this. Might be worth a call to your dealership.

May need a flash from. Dealer and or could be low. I'd do a couple drain and fills and perform the level check. Put something good in there, not WS. Just my opinion.

Went to 2 different toyota dealerships and they both say it's normal no warning lights but to me this does not feel normal

Wdym by have a shimmy? I gotta 2017 and sometimes mine does a little weird thing too

Like kind of a slight hiccup? Almost? Idk the best way to put it

I've had my truck for 4 years when I 1st picked it up it did not act like it does now the shimmy is more like on take off or when you hit 1000 to 2000 rpm like it's searching for the gear before it engages

May need a flash from. Dealer and or could be low. I'd do a couple drain and fills and perform the level check. Put something good in there, not WS. Just my opinion.
The Wappingers dealership did a flash and went away for a month then came back worse then before

have visited my Toyota dealer service dept. on two seperate visits inquiring about fluid and filter change on automatic trans. Both times was told its not necessary. I tow a 5800 lb. trailer with my '19 Tacoma. Nervous about not servicing transmission. Thoughts ?

I have a 2016 toyota tacoma that seems to have a shimmy at 1000-2000 rpm when shifting through gears or when taking off. Looking for any kind of input to help with this..
My transmission started to shutter at about 67k on my 2018 Tacoma 3.5 V6, between 30mph and 45mph, it ended up being a bad torque converter, My extended wrnty I bought from my credit union covered it 100%. I've got 94k and it runs great.

Back