• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Assateague National seashore

Oc Taco Charlie Beach Bum

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2017 Sport DCLB Auto
Midnight Black
out cruising around this weekend. Finally got to bust the cherry on my new tow straps. What gets me is the number of trucks that get stuck on the beach, 90 % don't air down their tires, and or don't have it in 4-wheel drive until it is too late. I pulled a F350 out. who was buried up to his axles, he was in 2-wheel drive, lol. I didn't want to be a dick and take pics of a Taco, pulling out a Ford. lol because getting stuck on the beach can happen in an instance, and I like to help people. Also, I would like to add the stupidity of some of the city slickers that come to National Parks, completely un-prepared. During the Labor Day storm . I was like 7 miles past last place to park cars, on OVS Zone, during the blazing rain, fridig temps. Two idiots out camping, the had a trash bag for of gear. thats it. They were probably hypothermc when I picked them up, and took the back too their car, after they where is the storm for 18 hours. Idiots...Be prepared no matter where u go...

View attachment 33163View attachment 33164View attachment 33165View attachment 33166
image0.jpeg
image1.jpeg
image4.jpeg
IMG_1651.jpg

Last edited:
None of your pictures seemed to have worked.

EDIT: There they are!

Last edited:
Growing up on the Texas Gulf Coast, I never really appreciated that I had so much access to public land just a 20 minute drive away. I recently visited Padre Island National Seashore. It was great. There is a popular run down here that a lot off roaders like to do called mile marker 60. For the first few miles of beach, the sand is pretty packed, but the further down you get, the beach is no longer maintained and the sand can get deep and soft. It goes on for about 60 more miles. It's a fun run, but you need to go prepared, because if you get stuck out there, you are on your own. Your pics look great. I love having a capable truck enables me to explore such places.

Last edited:
I would have loved to go on the beach with my taco but I wasn’t about to pay that fee for the osv permit

It can be a little pricey I guess if it were a one time a year thing, but I live about 2.5 miles from the park, and use it weekly.

Heading back down to ocean city next week. Can’t get enough of that town

Back