Quicksand
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Long Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
In this thread, there are no stupid questions. Ask whatever question you need to know about your truck, wheeling, etc. without the stress of being judged or trolled.

For those answering: Give a no-bullshit proper answer/advice to the questions. I don’t care if they’re asking why their push-to-start won’t work. Just tell them that they need their foot on the brake.

Tyler

✓ • Mythical
Badministrator
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Color
Quicksand
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Long Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
Does anyone know how to “help” the rear locker engage when it’s struggling? I generally try to roll a little for it to lock, but often times on uneven terrain, it’s very hard to have it engage.

mZiggy

✓ • Platinum
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Authorized VF Tuner
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Marc
Truck Year
Truck Color
Cement
Truck Grade
Pro
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Manual
T3G Member
Does anyone know how to “help” the rear locker engage when it’s struggling? I generally try to roll a little for it to lock, but often times on uneven terrain, it’s very hard to have it engage.
The one time that mine didn't immediately engage, I just gave a little gas and creeped forward a tad bit and it engaged

Tyler

✓ • Mythical
Badministrator
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Color
Quicksand
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Long Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
If I remove the rubber boots from my 5100’s, will they be fine? I ask because one of them came permantly warped/twisted and it drives me insane.

Audidood

✓ • Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Gerald
Truck Year
Truck Color
Magnetic Gray
Truck Grade
Sport
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
Is it a must to get a 3” lift kit with AAL to clear 33s? Or do you just need a set of 5100s and set them to the highest setting?

Tyler

✓ • Mythical
Badministrator
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Color
Quicksand
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Long Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
Is it a must to get a 3” lift kit with AAL to clear 33s? Or do you just need a set of 5100s and set them to the highest setting?
A set of 5100’s in the front and stock rear? It will work for 285’s and road driving. With any flex though, you’ll rub like hell. I have the lift and still rub off-road.

Audidood

✓ • Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Gerald
Truck Year
Truck Color
Magnetic Gray
Truck Grade
Sport
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
A set of 5100’s in the front and stock rear? It will work for 285’s and road driving. With any flex though, you’ll rub like hell. I have the lift and still rub off-road.
Thanks Tyler! 5100s front and rear. Guess i’ll be looking into coils and AAL then. :)

Silent_Taco4x4

✓ • Platinum
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Color
Super White
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
I have never kept a fire extinguisher in my personal vehicles, looking to get one for the Taco, what does anyone recommend?

Audidood

✓ • Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Gerald
Truck Year
Truck Color
Magnetic Gray
Truck Grade
Sport
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
I have never kept a fire extinguisher in my personal vehicles, looking to get one for the Taco, what does anyone recommend?
I used to have a small kidde in my vw bug. Thankfully i never had to use it. From what i remember, It didn’t seem to hold pressure for a long period of time and i never bothered to get it refilled/pressurized.

badfish_taco

✓ • Gold
Tacoma3G O.G.
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Edgar
Truck Year
Truck Color
Silver Sky
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
If I remove the rubber boots from my 5100’s, will they be fine? I ask because one of them came permantly warped/twisted and it drives me insane.
I had 5100s in my previous 3rd gen and then same thing happened. Looks terrible. But they did stretch out a bit when I installed the OME springs. Do you plan on getting aftermarket springs? If so, it’ll go away and won’t look as bad.

Tyler

✓ • Mythical
Badministrator
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Color
Quicksand
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Long Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
I had 5100s in my previous 3rd gen and then same thing happened. Looks terrible. But they did stretch out a bit when I installed the OME springs. Do you plan on getting aftermarket springs? If so, it’ll go away and won’t look as bad.
This one is in the rear so no spring. I tried stretching it out and stuff but it just ends up a bunched up twisted ugly mess. :(

Ron

✓ • Platinum
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Ron
Truck Year
Truck Color
Silver Sky
Truck Grade
Sport
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
is a 1.25" lift on the front end really going to make my needle bearing fail?

Tyler

✓ • Mythical
Badministrator
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Color
Quicksand
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Long Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
is a 1.25" lift on the front end really going to make my needle bearing fail?
I believe it won’t. There are plenty of people that don’t even know about this/the ECGS bushing with more lift than that, and they’re ok. But I’m not saying they shouldn’t do the bushing cause they should if possible.

With 1.25”, I can’t see that causing failure. I have 2.25” in the front and think I feel some vibration, but it could be placebo. I plan to do the bushing anyway for mine though. Do you feel vibration?

Dt1524

✓ • Bronze
Tacoma3G O.G.
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Damian Turner
T3G Member
I didn't even know about the issue when I put a 2.25" level kit on. I don't think I had gone a km from the shop when I noticed the problem and thought the shop had f'd something up. The ECGS bushing solved it immediately.

I sure wish I'd just done a full 3" lift now though because my 33's def rub on minor rough terrain....

Ron

✓ • Platinum
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Ron
Truck Year
Truck Color
Silver Sky
Truck Grade
Sport
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
I believe it won’t. There are plenty of people that don’t even know about this/the ECGS bushing with more lift than that, and they’re ok. But I’m not saying they shouldn’t do the bushing cause they should if possible.

With 1.25”, I can’t see that causing failure. I have 2.25” in the front and think I feel some vibration, but it could be placebo. I plan to do the bushing anyway for mine though. Do you feel vibration?

I haven't put the lift in yet. Looking like June before I can get in at my cousin's garage. That is unless I can find a shop that'll do it for uder $400

I didn't even know about the issue when I put a 2.25" level kit on. I don't think I had gone a km from the shop when I noticed the problem and thought the shop had f'd something up. The ECGS bushing solved it immediately.

I sure wish I'd just done a full 3" lift now though because my 33's def rub on minor rough terrain....

Interesting. I don't mind spending the money to get the bushing and puller tool, but I have zero knowledge base on that process. The lift is even a stretch for me, but I'm going to have help.