• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Are UCA's really necessary?

Darksyde

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2021 TRD OR DCSB Manual
Cement
Hello all,

I recently picked up my 2021 TRD OR at the end of February. We all know that the factory Wrangler tires are pieces of crap. I am going to be replacing them, and thought I would go with the +1 size of 265/75-16. I know its not much, but I don't want to go too crazy right out of the gate. In saying that; I am also looking at just doing a simple "leveling lift" of the Eibach-protruck-lift-system-stage-1. The question I end up having, is do I need/should I have to, replace the UCA's when doing something as minor as a leveling kit?
I don't consider myself a 'extreme off-roader', but I am the kind of individual who sees a rabbit trail and thinks "that might be a good 'road' to take?"
So what are some opinions on this?

Thanks all!

Yes, in agreement with Bio, and Jonny P, after reading about the new ones, and with what you wanna do, your stock ones should be fine. they are an upgrade from with was on mine.

From what I understand of UCA,S....recommended if lifting over 2inches ..like 2 1/2 or higher...like SPC and JBA,s upper control arms...my son has JBAs..
Aloha

Back