• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Are Tyger Star Armor rails right for me?

BudB

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
I want to add "step rails" on my 2108 Off Road.............I really like the look of the Tyger Star Armor but I'd like a 4" drop or so below the door sill to help my old bones into the truck. don't see many Taco's around here so I don't have a lot of support. Any info on the Tyger or other products would be appreciated. I'm not sure that "steps" would be as useful as would "rails". Thanks, Bud

I want to add "step rails" on my 2108 Off Road.............I really like the look of the Tyger Star Armor but I'd like a 4" drop or so below the door sill to help my old bones into the truck. don't see many Taco's around here so I don't have a lot of support. Any info on the Tyger or other products would be appreciated. I'm not sure that "steps" would be as useful as would "rails". Thanks, Bud

Ive seen many people run them. Have not seen an issue yet.

They are simply steps though, they will offer little to no protection off road. With the steps that might make it a little more difficult to navigate trails. If your just going down dirt/ gravel roads you would be fine.

I think the factory predator rails are just as functional (as steps) and look much better than those Tygers.

Have had these steps for a year, really just needed them because my wife has a hard time getting in and out of the rig. Only issue i've noticed, is that the paint started to come off in certain areas after being exposed to snow and the salt from the roads. Wouldn't really say they were protection for off-road, but I have taken them out on some trails.

Hopefully my C4 sliders come in sooner rather than later.. but the Tyger's served me well while it lasted.

Back