• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

ARB Onboard Compressor

SeaMac

2️⃣ Bronze
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2016 TRD OR AC Auto
Quicksand
Not sure if this has been discussed before but for those seeking the convenience of onboard air both ARB and Slee Off Road have a perfect solution. Slee makes a mount that sits in the empty space on the passenger side just ahead of the firewall. It will support a single compressor or the twin compressor setup with regulator. I purchased one of these mounts some time ago with a plan that never saw fruition. My plan was and still is to have custom slider/side steps/air tanks fabricated so I have access to enough air volume to power at least a 1/2" drive impact wrench.

I long ago discovered with a bit of modification the Slee mount could also serve as a location for breather filters and a remote mounted winch head unit. All neatly organized in an used area under the hood.

I looked at 12v portable compressors but found none of them could power an impact wrench without some sort of air reservoir. This meant more space being taken up in my Access Cab or bed or worse a frame mounted tank exposed to whatever might wish to damage it. I had a custom fabrication guy who I was working with to make those slider/side steps/air tanks and have them look as identical as possible to the 4" tubular side steps currently on my Tacoma. Personal matters of a divorce nature for my local guy ended that.

I've also found switch plates that look OEM that will hold an air PSI gauge and on/off/auto switch and fit in the little what I call my change drawer above the lower left switch panel on our dashboards. I was also planning on plumbing two air lines, one under the hood and one next to the 110vac outlet in our beds. This set up would look stock and fulfill a need for air and or supply enough air to use an impact wrench to remove a wheel and tire. I can't think of a better add-on for overlanding, off-roading or daily driving....

Last edited:
Back