• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Anyone with the SSO Slimline High Clearance?

itsthex

5️⃣ Platinum
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.coryinmotion.com
2020 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Cement
Hey guys!

I really love the look and fit of the SSO Slimline with the High Clearance option, was wondering if anyone was running one here and had photos?

Also, really interested in knowing what the bumper weight is. Planning my build and want to keep note of all this stuff since I do a lot of towing.

Hey guys!

I really love the look and fit of the SSO Slimline with the High Clearance option, was wondering if anyone was running one here and had photos?

Also, really interested in knowing what the bumper weight is. Planning my build and want to keep note of all this stuff since I do a lot of towing.
The Stage 2 wings?

For the wings it says 24lbs. Not sure if that's for both or each. Can't tell if 12lbs or 24lbs because I'm just stronk.
Bumper itself is 60lbs the site says. You can find the weights on the product pages under additional information.

So anywhere between 84-108 lbs. Feels a lot heavier than that when I was putting it back on by myself.

p9ZAuh.jpg

The Stage 2 wings?

For the wings it says 24lbs. Not sure if that's for both or each. Can't tell if 12lbs or 24lbs because I'm just stronk.
Bumper itself is 60lbs the site says. You can find the weights on the product pages under additional information.

So anywhere between 84-108 lbs. Feels a lot heavier than that when I was putting it back on by myself.

p9ZAuh.jpg

Awesome, thanks for the shot and the info!

Just got mine installed a couple months ago. I would recommend not going with the winch access hole cutouts. They are kind of useless and allow for debris to come in. I went with the stage 2 add on as it came out cheaper with shipping. You can see in the first photos I need to do a bit more trimming as the plastic is buckling against the bumper. But other than that I’ve been loving it. They say the slimline piece only weighs 70lbs more that the stock components you have to remove.

7457025F-9285-4B3C-B3AE-44CEB2759F58.jpeg

ACBD3FF4-7A76-4895-8B5B-E15A06998C3D.jpeg

8AACCFAC-9492-4368-BB06-9EAF446A1DBE.jpeg

Last edited:
Thank you @Romp-A-Taco ! Great tips on the access holes, I really wasn't sure which way to go there. What winch are you running?

Great shots - Every time I see this thing it makes me want it more. I figure this bumper coupled with a CF hood will help offset the additional weight over the front end from the bumper addition and also help supplement a winch.

what are the prices on those bumpers? man they look awesome

Thank you @Romp-A-Taco ! Great tips on the access holes, I really wasn't sure which way to go there. What winch are you running?

Great shots - Every time I see this thing it makes me want it more. I figure this bumper coupled with a CF hood will help offset the additional weight over the front end from the bumper addition and also help supplement a winch.
I'm running the Warn VR Evo 10S

Back