• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Anyone running U402 Stage 1?

gelsi2033

5️⃣ Platinum
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2021 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Silver Sky
Recently noticed a bit of sag in the rear and I haven't changed anything or added any weight. The stock leaf pack w/3AAL seems to have flattened out a bit.

I don't think it is terrible or urgent to change, but I am thinking about just going all in with Deaver U402 Stage 1 (I run about 150-200# of constant weight in the bed and ~300# when loaded up for a trip).

Is anyone running U402 Stage 1 that can provide some feedback on bed weight, height achieved and overall opinion?

Thanks in advance.

1656380128850.png
1656380166754.png

I’ve got stage 1 deavers. Honestly never checked height achieved. They’re advertised as a 2” lift. I have my full size spare and a box with a jack and other tools in the bed all the time. About 150 lbs consistent weight. You’d probably be fine with stage 1. But going stage 2 couldn’t really hurt. Just might be a little stiffer.
C8C82BEE-11AD-40FB-B21E-E4475A62E9CB.jpeg
1D212EEE-3E09-4CF2-BE17-EAD2128511E2.jpeg

I’ve got stage 1 deavers. Honestly never checked height achieved. They’re advertised as a 2” lift. I have my full size spare and a box with a jack and other tools in the bed all the time. About 150 lbs consistent weight. You’d probably be fine with stage 1. But going stage 2 couldn’t really hurt. Just might be a little stiffer.
C8C82BEE-11AD-40FB-B21E-E4475A62E9CB.jpeg
1D212EEE-3E09-4CF2-BE17-EAD2128511E2.jpeg

Truck looks great! Trying to decide on rear leaf springs. Could you please measure the center of hub to fender? It would help me with my decision. Thanks again.

I have Deaver U402 Stage 1. When fully loaded I have about 300# in the bed and it measured just over 23 1/2". However, @ARCHIVE recommends a different way to measure rear lift. When I did it his way I measured just over 9 1/2" which translates into about 1 1/4" of rear lift.

If you are debating on leaf springs the Deaver stage 1 is a good pack, but expensive and I think there are some other good options out there for less.

This is pretty interesting. If anyone knows rear taco suspension it is @ARCHIVE

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9_Vd9VHt04

I currently have the Icon RXT stage 1 and will be getting a new Tacoma and wanted a quick reference to help decide which how much
lift I would get to compare to my current setup.

I currently have the Icon RXT stage 1 and will be getting a new Tacoma and wanted a quick reference to help decide which how much
lift I would get to compare to my current setup.
So you have one now and are trading it?
What's on the current setup?

This might be the route I have to go. Rides fine, but from the looks of it my factory leaf and AAL's look pretty flat. Is that normal when resting?

So you have one now and are trading it?
What's on the current setup?

This might be the route I have to go. Rides fine, but from the looks of it my factory leaf and AAL's look pretty flat. Is that normal when resting?
When they start to "W" that when its time to upgrade or replace if I remember correctly. Relatively flat isn't necessarily bad.

When they start to "W" that when its time to upgrade or replace if I remember correctly. Relatively flat isn't necessarily bad.

Hm. I'm pretty sure mine was after the faulty ones they recalled or replaced. I did add the Icon AAL.

I'll have to try and look at a new one. See how it sits.

Back