• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Anyone have a Tepui 2 Insulator? I have questions.

RevN3

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Rig of the Month (2x)
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Manual
Blazing Blue Pearl
I got one from Amazon warehouse and it arrived in...weird condition. It had no instructions, a piece of paper that seemed to come from a hotel, no tags on it whatsoever and it seems a little too small like it got shrunk in a dryer. I want to confirm the no tags and the fit in a Smittybilt tent.

Assuming you mean for the Tepui Ayer 2? What size/tent is your Smittybilt?

I have the insulator for my Kukenam 3 tent, its fairly simple to install. The plastic clips onto the poles and you tuck the bottom underneath the mattress

Assuming you mean for the Tepui Ayer 2? What size/tent is your Smittybilt?

I have the insulator for my Kukenam 3 tent, its fairly simple to install. The plastic clips onto the poles and you tuck the bottom underneath the mattress
Yep, the Tepui Ayer 2. I have the smaller Smittybuilt (2783) which I was under the impression was the same size as the Ayer 2 (I thought they were just rebrands of the same tent). I'm able to get all the clips on but getting the corners under the mattress...it just seems too small for it. I'm going to futz around with it this weekend while I'm camping but if it is shrunk I'm going to see about exchanging it.

Yep, the Tepui Ayer 2. I have the smaller Smittybuilt (2783) which I was under the impression was the same size as the Ayer 2 (I thought they were just rebrands of the same tent). I'm able to get all the clips on but getting the corners under the mattress...it just seems too small for it. I'm going to futz around with it this weekend while I'm camping but if it is shrunk I'm going to see about exchanging it.
maybe take some photos for us to compare too

Well, I went out camping last weekend trying to figure it out and I think it's just too small. I'm returning it and I'm going to build my own with reflective foam core insulation. I figure it'll be about $100 cheaper and 100% more effective

Back