• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Audio Android auto update

Taconorth

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
I've a Taco TRD OR 2019 so I do not have Android auto/Apple car play.
I know that Toyota is upgrading other models right now Rav4, Highlander but not the Taco.
I've signed this:
http://chng.it/NySV7xscJG
I've ask for an upgrade from Toyota directly at the customer service.
Anyone knows more about the subject?
My girlfriend civic lx got everything! It is exactly half the price of my truck!

I don't necessarily mind my Entune as it seems to work pretty well for me and it's an upgrade over everything I've had in then past, but I can understand why many want Android Auto and Carplay.

All I know is Entune is absolute trash compared to BMW’s iDrive interface.

I hate entune as much at the next guy and I would murder a panda to get Android Auto on my head unit...but I have to say, while the directions are abhorrent...I've found the maps have better detail on NF and BLM roads than Google. Credit where credit is due.

I don't necessarily mind my Entune as it seems to work pretty well for me and it's an upgrade over everything I've had in then past, but I can understand why many want Android Auto and Carplay.
The thing is, if you never had it, this is no big deal. I was in the same boat 3 years ago. It's kind of the same as power arm💪 windows vs electric ones. It just work better on a day to day standpoint.

Back