• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Alarm system

tonyq72

2️⃣ Bronze
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
Sport DCSB Auto
White
Whats up guys, I want get your thoughts about car alarm. Should I get one from the dealer or aftermarket ones? My Taco is 2019 with push start.

Whats up guys, I want get your thoughts about car alarm. Should I get one from the dealer or aftermarket ones? My Taco is 2019 with push start.
Do you wanna spend slot of money ?
Do you wanna auto start
Do you wanna auto start from around the world

Do you wanna spend slot of money ?
Do you wanna auto start
Do you wanna auto start from around the world
I just need basic alarm, the dealer charges $300 installed, idk about aftermarket ones

I just need basic alarm, the dealer charges $300 installed, idk about aftermarket ones
Basic aftermarket alarms are dirt cheap and most times free installation depending where you go
Personal opinion dont bother with alarms , i work in a body shop no matter how much "safety sense" and cameras and automatic collision breaking etc...hasn't changed the flow of cars coming in if not we have more. Now no matter what alarm whether factory or aftermarket cheap or pricey, junk car or expensive, cars still get broken into and we get whole strings of theft jobs

Now alarms are only a DETERER , they only increase the chance of a thief being deterred, if they wanna break into your car alarm or not they going to do it!

My tacoma only has factory engines kill and a flashing light on the dash. That flashing light give you the same odds of deterring theif then a whole alarm system

Last edited:
Tha
Basic aftermarket alarms are dirt cheap and most times free installation depending where you go
Personal opinion dont bother with alarms , i work in a body shop no matter how much "safety sense" and cameras and automatic collision breaking etc...hasn't changed the flow of cars coming in if not we have more. Now no matter what alarm whether factory or aftermarket cheap or pricey, junk car or expensive, cars still get broken into and we get whole strings of theft jobs

Now alarms are only a DETERER , they only increase the chance of a thief being deterred, if they wanna break into your car alarm or not they going to do it!

My tacoma only has factory engines kill and a flashing light on the dash. That flashing light give you the same odds of deterring theif then a whole alarm system

Thanks, I found out the other day that I do have the dealer alarm

Back