• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Pre-Purchase Question Air Compressors

Smitty

6️⃣ Aficionado
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR AC Auto
Blazing Blue Pearl
So I know of some people with "under the hood" air compressors in their Tacos... Who has one? Or who knows a good one at a somewhat decent price with mounts and all that good stuff included?

I'm getting this so I just really need a compressor and somewhere to mount it to in the engine bay

I have an ARB single mounted in the driver side bed cubbie. It's not cheat, but it does come with all the wiring, switches and relays you need.

4 tire inflators won't save you any time and only add expense and junk you have to cary. Save the money and spend it on a better compressor. The bottlenecks with inflating are with the compressor flow rate and the shrader valve.

-M

I have an ARB single mounted in the driver side bed cubbie. It's not cheat, but it does come with all the wiring, switches and relays you need.

4 tire inflators won't save you any time and only add expense and junk you have to cary. Save the money and spend it on a better compressor. The bottlenecks with inflating are with the compressor flow rate and the shrader valve.

-M
So you store it in the bed cubbie thing and take it out when needed? Can you show me kind of how your setup is by chance?

So you store it in the bed cubbie thing and take it out when needed? Can you show me kind of how your setup is by chance?
No, it's mounted in the cubbie, hard wired with a switch and i run hose to an air chuck and then connect a hose and inflator and take that to each tire.

-M

Attachments

• 65879289596__F82C5323-AAFB-4C64-8063-23FBFFF95D4C.JPG
    65879289596__F82C5323-AAFB-4C64-8063-23FBFFF95D4C.JPG
    175.2 KB · Views: 72
No, it's mounted in the cubbie, hard wired with a switch and i run hose to an air chuck and then connect a hose and inflator and take that to each tire.

-M
How did you run the wiring? Would wiring into the bed outlet so when you turn that on you can turn the compressor on work? I'm not the best with electrical stuff lol

The wiring runs up to the battery.

-M

Check my build page (link below). I have a twin arb compressor on the passenger side that is awesome. Wiring is a little tricky, but there are some good instructions and a YouTube video that I link to that will help you out if you go that route.

Tires air up in about 6-8 minutes (33's), and it's nice to have air for inflatable kayaks, bikes, air dusting, etc.

Back